Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yall Gon Make Me Lose My Mind.....

As much as I am not a rap person, that song seemed to be my mantra today. Nothing out of the ordinary happened at work, just your run of the mill foolishness. Maybe it was the uneven sleep, or skipping breakfast, but I just didn't have the patience to deal with all the issues today.

I need to really take a chill pill. I have to realize I can't change people, so I have to change me (doesn't that sound all mature and professional of me) So that's my wish....to be able to remain the sweet person that I am, in spite of. Cause usually I'm walking around singing in my head whatever little song was playing on the Ipod in my office before I walked out of it. My latest little pick me upper is Solange's new one Sandcastle Disco. Has such a catchy little beat too. See me skipping down the hallway singing

"Baby I know, you do that to all the girls you know that I'm fragile
Bay-b-b-b-baby, don't blow me away,
Baby I know, you do that to all the girls you know that I'm fragile
Bay-b-b-b-baby, don't blow me away"


Or when I'm feeling confident in my accomplishments I'll be tuning my voice:

"Cuz she walk like a boss, talk like a boss
Manicured nails, just set the pedicure off
She's fly effortlessly"


That's generally after a few days of working out and eating right. Confidence just flows from my body on those days.

Instead today that one line kept playing in my head. YALL GON MAKE ME LOSE MY MIND....UP IN HERE UP IN HERE!"

I don't wanna be that person. That's disgruntled, hate all my co-workers cause they drive me crazy. There are folks like that at my job. They are upset all the time, you can't pay them to make them smiile. They talk about you all the time, even if you say something nice to them you'll catch them later trying to bad mouth you saying you only said something nice cause you're fake. Maybe I was being fake saying something nice, but darnit heifer I was trying to turn that perpetual frown you wear, UPSIDE DOWN!

So, from now on I'm not going to let it bother me. I'm going back to the person I used to be, even tempered, calm and about her business. That's me....now what's my song for tomorrow? Hmmmm....

"Thought I couldn't live without you
It's gonna hurt when it heals too
It'll all get better in time
And even though I really love you
I'm gonna smile cause I deserve to
It'll all get better in time"

No comments: