Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

What on earth just happened?

Not much going on in my life these last few days. Been spending a lot of time running around. Would probably be better if the running around had sometime to do with exercise, but I digress. One thing I just noticed though. No one told my toes it was time to go inside.

Uh yeah, we just went from fun in the sun to iceberg cold. Seemingly overnight, only no one told me. I swear I felt like an idiot today. Had Back to School Day for the parents, and it went really well. Had to "dress professional" for the day. Didn't quite understand that cause we don't dress like that every day, but again I digress. Anywho had some nice slacks on and a top, but for some reason rather than digging out the good old trouser socks, I just grabbed some sandals and went out the door.

I have this thing about switching my wardrobe for the season. It takes me forever. Maybe its the small space that makes me not want to go through the chore of switching over the closet, but it just has to be snowing, or in the midst of a heatwave for me to switch the wardrobe to the next season. DC doesn't really have a spring of fall to me, its either hot, or its cold. So normally I'll rock the capris until its time for wool pants. And vice versa.

Took me back to those old college days with the jeans, sweat top and birkenstocks with socks motif. Only I forgot the socks. And had to do recess duty for an hour and a half. So suffice to say I think my first cold of the season will probably be coming soon.

Its now hours later and I'm home snuggled on my couch, watching my favorite show in syndication, Friends. My belly is full and I figured I should put up a blog so everyone doesn't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. And of all the things I could talk about, this one seemed most pressing, lol. (Told you all it was a slow week)

I think I'm blogging about it cause my darn toes are still cold!

1 comment:

Don said...

Good thing you weren't introduced to Frostbite. The temperature, even here in the South, has been kinda back and forth for the past few days.