Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back in the game

Ok so I figure the best way to get out of my funk and keep my mind off of things that worry me (see the last post)I have kicked my workout/eat right plan back into high gear.

Now to recap for those of you who haven't been following me for long, last year I lost almost 70 lbs. Did Weight Watchers and counted points like a mad woman. I love how I feel now, but it got to be kinda crazy looking at everthing as a point value. I mean really, sitting in a restaurant while everyone else picks out what scrumpcious things they want to eat while I say "OK I'll eat 3 points here, then 8 points, then maybe for desert I'll have 4 points) Crazy ridiculous, but hey it worked.

So I slacked off for a while, but am now back on track. Gained about 10 pounds over the last 6-8 months. Enough to know I need to get back on track. 10 lbs is feasible, and will put me back on track to where I was when this all left off. Then I can really kick it into high gear and become the buff Mary J, Serena Wiliams clone I really wanna be. I've found a new website, www.sparkpeople.com and I'm ready for action.

Before I ramble on about my exercise today, let me just be the real person to say I don't like exercise. So many people out there wanna try to make you think its second nature, you crave it, blah blah blah. The only things I'm craving after work is my couch, and a good book (or nap). I have one of those high stress jobs, so I don't even want to think after work let alone put some coordination into a workout schedule. Eating right takes work too. Don't let anyone fool you, I'll never crave a plate of broccoli over an Auntie Annie's pretzel right out the oven. But its about making choices right. I can chose to consume 1 (or 2 or 3) pretzels and not be able to fit into any of my semi sexy jeans, or I can have 1 pretzel once in a while, and roast the heck out of some veggies on the regular so I can wow the menfolk with my sexiness.

So yeah getting back to exercise......another tidbit; its not like riding a bike, YOU DON'T remember how to do it when you start back up! Oh my goodness, I did an hour of powerwalking today, and its a wonder my thigh muscles have enough strength left in them to work together in keeping me seated while I type this. Its probably my fault though that I'm sore. I was determined not to walk like a beginner, I wanted to get right back to where I was this time last year. Walking 6.5 miles like a pro. No I didn't do that many miles today, but Lord if I wasn't huffing like that chunky girl I used to be. I felt every single one of those 10 lbs today. It was like each pound was mocking me pulling me back and telling me to quit. Walking around a track telling 10 lbs to shut up, outloud probably wasn't the best thing to do, but a sister gotta get her mind back in the game by any means necessary.

Anywho, its not even 9pm and I'm ready for bed. I'm not one of those folks who can take a warm shower after exercising and then stay up for anything longer than an hour. Must be that baby powder coaxing my eyes into sleep mode. Off I go to track my exercise and food for today in my journal and then this little lady is hitting the bed. Lets all pray I am able to move those thigh muscles tomorrow to get out of bed. We all know what a sore body is like after a few hours of sleep. Thigh muscles, its all on you.

1 comment:

Naturally Alise said...

I did Weight Watchers some years ago and lost 50 lbs., and I kept up the plan and kept if off for a long time, until after my accident this year left me bed ridden, so I got into a funk, BUT now I am ready, maybe you will be my inspiration to get it together!