Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life in 3-D


Ever feel like life is coming at you seemingly too fast? Well now before I go off on my long rant about life moving too quickly, there are some things that are just moving too darn slowly.....hint hint, where the heck is the house, husband and 2.5 kids? Not complaining, just a "single but satisfied" (who the heck made that one up?) woman making a comment.

Anyway back to the topic. Like everyone else I'm still trying to figure out where the summer went. Was there some kind of conspiracy, cause I swear I don't remember July at all. All the plans I had on things to do somehow didn't get done but the summer's over and all I can do is..wait until next year. LOL nah just kidding, I'll just move those plans into fall.

Labor Day weekend flew by too. One sec I was twittering/facebook statusing my journey to visit my Puffalump and Princess, and then next thing I knew I was sitting on a double decker megabus on my way back to DC. Somewhere in between there, I did manage to peek at a few pieces of male eye candy on Eastern Parkway. Sac passe? My niece.....growing like a weed and boy is she not a toddler anymore. 4 days of 6 year old convo was hilarious. She's smart and definitely can stand up for herself. Hilarious to hear baby girl still saying ajamas, all the while trying to explain to me the importance of wearing "ajamas" and not just throwing together a top and a bottom to sleep in.

Oh and truly whats on everyone's mind and lips, this whole Presidency thing. Needless to say I've never been a big fan of politics, but darn if this whole election process is peeking my curiosity just a bit. Just a bit though, I have a tendency to get real tired of anyone in the spotlight too much. And too much is just too much these days. All I need to know is who's running, what they stand for, and what they plan on doing. Anything beyond that is just getting in their business. I mean really, is knowing that one of the potential VP's has a pregnant daughter? Or that her daughter's personal life has anything to do with her capabilities as a VP? From what I read, this lady just may not be the one for her own reasons, her daughter has nothing to do with it. Unless society is tripping about ALL the young unwed mothers and mothers to be, I don't see the big deal about this one.

Now on the other hand, I think its hilarious that McCain did what he did. Really Obama had the upper hand from the get go. McCain had to do something to get folks talking about him again, cause really his name was falling out of conversation for a minute now. Obama is interesting enough on his own, but then he really did it up by picking the nice White guy as his running mate. So McCain had to do something blog worthy right? He's already the nice White guy.....so shake things up a bit and pick....a lady. Gotta get folks talking, had to be his strategy. Cause there's no way he actually thinks all those old skool Republican folk are gonna let a lady in the White House. Or that he could every possibly think that all Hilary's supporters were just gonna switch sides cause Palin's a lady. Seems like a desparation move in my opinion.

Still fast forwarding, the elections in 2 months. Now that I know who all the options are, I've turned off my tv. Don't need to see anymore, people over analyze too much in my opinion. Just let me know the day before election day so I can head over to my local polling place bright and early the next morning to help be a part of History! In the words of my fellow Haitian's "WI NOU KAPAB!"

Anywho enough of my rambling. I'm learning the older I get the quicker the years go by. Gotta get to bed before I wake up and realize its Easter!

No comments: