Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fascination

I've been reading for the past two hours. Reading tech blogs that is. There's a new must have in town and of course I feel I have to have it. Its a new cellphone called the Tmobile G1 and I'm dying for it. Nevermind that I still love my Tmobile Dash. I've been playing around and updating my Dash for almost 2 years now and its still alive and kicking. As a matter of fact its working wonderfully. Its not broken, nothing's wrong with it, but that doesn't quell the desire to want to get new and improved. A new toy for everyone to say "AHHHHH" when I pull it out at the next event.

I'm a wannabe techie, if you didn't already figure it out. I call myself a wannabe cause I rely heavily on google, cnet, wikipedia and many other sources to actually buy, update and play with my gadgets. I'm not one of those figure it out kinda ladies. I'd much rather find the website or blog that's gonna give me a step by step explanation on how to do things. But since I have the desire to upgrade regularly I consider myself in the echalon of folks who buy gadgets at the drop of a dime.

Its been a while since I wanted to be line for something the day it comes out. Even though I love gadgets, I'm generally not one of those stand in line for the iphone, newest blackberry, kinda gal. I want to find those obscure pieces of technology that not a lot of people want, but are fabulous to use. That's just how my little Dash is.

The Dash is a copycat of the Motorola Q, but its just so cute. I've rarely found anyone (other then my brother from another mother who got one shortly after I got mine. I love having people say "oooh is that a blackberry" whenever I pull it out.

Now that I'm talking about it so much I'm realizing how much I love that little thing for all the extra stuff it does. What I don't like is the simplest of things, its call quality ability. Folks are always telling me to speak up! That's annoying as heck! I can create documents, check my email, update blogs, watch vidoes, listen to music, IM, and a zillion other thinkg with it but the call quality is not so desirable.

This new G1 phone isn't pretty, but it does a lot of newer cooler stuff that I'm just dying to try. And its actually an affordable upgrade. I'm just not sold on the desire to have to fight loads of other people the day it comes out, only to get told its sold out when I get up to the counter. And whether its time to retire my cute little Dash is still in question.

So I guess I'm still undecided. If you're a gadget wannabe like me, help me out. Should I or shouldn't I?

No comments: