Here I am, its Friday morning at a little after 8am and I'm waiting. Not waiting for breakfast, or a ride to work, just waiting on the cable guy.
I hate waiting for people. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by someone who says they'll be here at 8 and they show up at 7:45am. Cause anyone who comes after 8 will have me not in the best of moods. I do realize exercing patience is a virtue (yadda yadda yadda) but I just don't like doing it cause I obsess over it. Every minute that creeps by seems like an hour. It doesn't matter what or who I'm waiting for, I just know I could be doing something else and the mere fact that I'm relinquishing control over my precious time is a killer to me.
All week long folks at work have been joking me about waiting on the "Cable guy". All kinda of horror stories about the cable guy coming at the last minute, or not even coming at all. I'm already paranoid about the fact that for the next 3 hours all I can do is wait. Now you're trying to tell me I may have to wait even longer? And it sucks that I have to be up and dressed on a work day that I'm not at work. The only time I want to be up, dressed and waiting on a work day not at work is if I'm on my way to an aiport or a mall. That's it.
I'll wait to end this blog until AFTER the cable guy comes. (hopefully in the next 5 minutes!)

No comments:
Post a Comment