I said I wasn't gonna blog about it, but I've been catching up on my favorite blogs tonight (instead of the grown up Sunday prep I should be doing) and I'm inspired.
You know you always have those moments you live to regret. Well, at least I do. I sometimes do something (or don't do something) and I'll think "You really should... or you'll regret it". Well I had that moment today. Got up and decided I definitely needed to take advantage of the good weather and get my walk on today. Power walk to the Organic Market and I'll kill two birds with one stone. But I did something today I've never done, and I paid for it too.
I'm a weird person when it comes to exercise. Basically any exercise that's done first thing in the morning gets a shower before and a shower after. My friends think I'm weird, but I have to do it. Its virtually impossible for me to leave my house without showering. Nevermind that all I'm doing is washing to sweat then having to wash again. I feel bad about the lack of water conservation I'm indulging in, because I feel I gotta smell like something fruity to leave my house. Everyone has their quirks and that sure is one of mine. I don't know that my natural body odor is worse than anyone elses, I've never had someone tell me I stink. Then again, save the family members I grew up with (shoutout to my sister who says I never blog about her, Hi Booches!) I don't think anyone's ever smelled anything other than Bath & Body Works, or something similar on me.
But today I decided to step out there, to do something outside of my supposedly conservative box. Throw caution to the wind. Contemplated and contemplated and contemplated again, along with countless minutes of overanalyzing, I finally decided to be like the rest of the exercising world, and go out sans showering. Just pinned up my locs, put on some workout gear and headed out the door.
Now I must stop here to insert a very important piece of information. There is this guy (you knew it had to be about a guy right?) that I've been eyeing for about 2 years now. He seems to appear most times when I'm out walking, on his bike, peddaling uphill past my apartment complex. A few mornings I've walked to work and there he is peddaling (uphill). I swear this man lives on his bike. I don't care though cause he's fine as all get out! I mean teddybear, (firm teddybear of course with all the bike riding) brown skin, smiling hello kinda brother.
The block around my apt is a hill going straight up. Its a killer hill and even at the height of my workouts it would kick my butt. And it would never fail, the minute I hit that area, Mr. Teddy would appear. I could be ready to sit down, but darned if that man wouldn't give me a little extra pep in my step. All of a sudden the adrenaline caused by sexiness would just add to my stamina and I'd hit that hill like it was a path to cheescake.
What's frustrating about this though is I've never seen Mr. Teddy anywhere else. Not on the Metro, at the local 711, nothing. Only when I'm working out. And we've never exchanged more than a smile, or a quick hello. And yes, I've done the ring check, there is none. Its a wonder I don't exercise more, cause he's certainly some inspiration.
Anywho you see where this is going right? So I take my funky self up the road to the grocery store. Thankfully I didn't see my friendly bike rider on my way down the hill. I felt self conscious the whole way, not even wanting to make eye contact with any passersby for fear they may smell me just from my hello (Hey, I never claimed to be sane) 30 minutes later I was at the grocery store picking up some apples (by the way both Honey Crisp and Pink Lady apples are both in season and I'm in heaven) when I heard someone say "Hey there exercise buddy!"
Let me just say here, that there's no game without confidence. No desire to flirt when you just ain't right. So to the Gods of Embarrassing moments, thank you. Thank you for making me say the quickest hello of my life before turning, throwing my apples on the checkout belt, flinging my money at the cashier and high tailing it out of there quicker than I've ever moved in my life. I so wanted to freeze time (with my magic freeze time stick) run home (well I guess if I could freeze time, I could also fly home) shower, put on my best Twisted Peppermint lotion, and fly back to the store, unfreeze Mr. Teddy and try again.
So two years of patience melts in a pool of unshowered lack of confidence. Nevermind the fact that he had on workout gear too and probably smelled ten times worse than me, he probably thinks I'm an antisocial exerciser who only speaks from the safety of the distance between my sidewalk and his bike, and will steer clear of me from now on! Darn it!! Now I'll have to face that darned hill alone!

1 comment:
This is my first time reading this one...girl you a nut! You should have stayed and started convo...all these yrs I've known you, you have NEVER offended me...he would have been fine! LOL... I assume after all these months he know longer rides around?
Post a Comment