Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

What happens....

What happens when a non tvaholic plans a 3 day tv fest, but the cable is out:

The Good Stuff:
-she reaquaints herself with all of her Ipod gems, including Jodeci, Mint Condition, Tevin Campbell, Eric Roberson, etc.
-she contemplates a second workout for the day (like all the real workout gurus do). Note: contemplates, not actually completes.
-she wants to post multiple blogs in one day, but remembers reading bloggers etiquette recently that says multiple posts in one day is generally a no no. She waits to post her 2nd blog on another day.
-she pulls out the dvd collection, and laughs and cries for 6 straight hours.
-she does a Wonder Woman feat of cleaning the entire apt (including laundry and floors) thanks to the "Old Skool" playlist on her Ipod. Music is her lasso.


The Not-So Good Stuff:
-she bakes her slightly broken glasses in the 450 degree oven thereby completely killing them. (how do glasses fall off my face and I not notice?)
-she reads all her email including the spam folder emails (which incidentally had some real folks email in it)
-she realizes she has a lot to blog about...
-she checks her tv to see if the cable has been miraculously fixed several times each hour, sucking her teeth each time white snow glares back at her from the tv screen.
-she contemplates taking a friend up on the club plans, then thankfully remembers the groping, bad breath and inevitable fights and bows out.
-she contemplates drunk dialing friends one bored night. Oh... then she realizes she doesn't have anything to get drunk on.


The verdict is still out:
-she eats Raisin bran for dinner cause she can't cook without idle tv chatter in the background.
-she puts comments on ALL, and I do mean all, her favorite bloggers websites.


So yeah, I survived. Now hit me the next time I complain about not ever having 3 days of relaxation. That's really what it was; a gift from God to rejuvenate. (And dance my heart out to some Dee-Lite Sunday afternoon)

GROOVE IS IN THE HEEEEEEEAAAAARRRRTTTTT!

3 comments:

Naturally Alise said...

Mint Condition makes my heart smile, I can listen to them on repeat for hours on end.....

-I have broken glasses in some creative wys, but that one takes the cake! lol

Nish said...

Co sign with last point on the first list , wonder what it is that makes me clean my flat thoroughly when am listening to ol skool? and by thoroughly, I mean thoroughly..

Sophia said...

Glad to hear there are so many "old skool" fans like me!