Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year Resolution Found Here!!

So I have a confession....

I have no clue what's going on in the game of football. Actually that's a little harsh to say, I do know player positions (of my favorite team and the players I had on my FFB team), touchdowns, punt returns, interceptions, fumbles, sacks, and my newest lesson, blitzes. That's about it though.

I am a die hard Giants fan. I ride or die for them. I know who most of the players are and can tell you a little something about all of them. I love the spirit of the team and the fans and I'm a native NYer and well, I love all NY sports teams. I will proudly wear my Giants gear in the DMV, which in Skins land can be a dangerous thing to do. I watch (or DVR) every game and when the crowd (or commentators) cheer so do I. I can spot the end zone and please don't hate on the salsa I do EVERY TIME Victor Cruz goes into Cruz control. TBH though please don't engage me (yet) in deep talk about the team plays cause I'm going to look at you and smile as prettily as I can and hope that the fat cheeks and adorable eyes make your forget that you asked me about a touchback or something or another.

Don't yell at me, I'm a NY Team follower but for some reason anything other than the very obvious parts of football have always eluded my understanding. I didn't realize HOW MUCH I didn't understand until my latest acquisition, the Madden NFL 12. Nothing says confusion like me trying to play a game when I don't even understand formation. Pressing the A button every time the screen moves DOES NOT make for a good game. So yeah I'm new to XBox too and I could blame it on the learning curve from my precious Wii controller to the XBox controller. I'll use that excuse for a few days until its no longer true, but the truth still remains. I can't play the game if I don't know the formations and plays and....phooey I can't remember the other term. I don't mind asking questions but I forget easily and I hate the side eye I get when I have to ask again.

So any who, I was going to post a blog about how I absolutely detest FB & Twitter around New Year time cause I wanna slap someone every time they post a cheesy New Year resolution. Nothing makes me more annoyed then a timeline full of "20__ is going to be MY year!" And don't get me started on the Church rhyming slogans....How bout you fill my TL at the end of the year with all those things you actually accomplished that you secretly kept to yourself at the beginning, that's more intriguing.

Instead (so as not to sound bitter. Oh.) I'll focus on myself.

I have a New Year Resolution. Except that it started Dec 29th and well whatever....you came to read something along these lines so here it is...

2012 is gonna be my year....to learn EVERYTHING about football.Don't judge me, its MY resolution. XBox is my university, Madden NFL 12 is my class. Woop Woop!! Eventually I'll be online gaming with the rest of them!

For now though...ummm someone help me out. Where is the tutorial mode on Madden?!

No comments: