Ok so I'm pretty sure that I just about met my maker a few minutes ago. Really and truly I think that I JUST got my heart to start beating normally again. Pure fear was in my heart this evening folks, and it wasn't pretty. Somehow I knew my quiet evening wouldn't be so well, quiet.
A serene evening I was having. The biggest issue thus far was trying to figure out how to group chat on google talk so I can have random convo fun with my pals. Up until that fateful moment that was the most drama I was having. You could say I was having a good evening. I was laying across the bed (backwards) jamming to my Pandora CBR station. (Don't ask, that's just how I like to lay). A jam came on that I'd heard before but couldn't quite place. So I flipped over to take a peek at the ipod on the nightstand to see who it was.
*This is where you should be reading with baited breath....*
Perhaps now would have been a good time to remember that I was laying backwards (and apparently closer to the edge of my bed than I realized). I did a girly flip and expected to reach out and pull myself up (ummm yeah tummy's a bit sore from an abs with stability ball workout I did this am). But instead....
I fell out of my damn bed!
Lets just put it this way. I'm too damn old to be falling out of anybody's bed. That stuff should be well behind me. I'm not accepting a fall out of bed unless I was doing something fun (with someone, or without but whatever) to have me forget that there are edges to the bed. That's the kind of story I SHOULD be telling, that some man (not necessarily some man cause that just makes me sound loose, and loose I am not) was putting it on me so good that I fell out of the bed. That's a water cooler story.....that's cool. I'll take some bruises like that any day.
But.....that did not happen. Instead I'm nursing a sore hip and a bruised ego.
What's bad? I'm pretty sure I cheated death tonight. I almost cracked my skull open on the CINDER BLOCKS that line my bed.
What makes it worse? I'm pretty sure the sore throat I now have is from the blood curdling screams (and coughs) I let out as my body participated in gravitational forces and propelled me in .5 seconds flat, to the floor. And for some reason I screamed a bit longer even after I had landed. Or the fact that I was too sore to navigate pulling myself up from the pretzel I was twisted like in between my bed, the nightstand, and the chair.
Even worse than that? I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me scream. No one knocked on the door to see if I was ok. Perhaps they're still annoyed from the screams (& cursing) I did this am falling off the stability ball.......oh nevermind!

1 comment:
BWAHAHAHA!! Sorry to laugh at you, but I just couldn't help it! DEAD @ the blood curdling screams. Glad you didn't meet one of those cinder blocks head on.
Post a Comment