Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Laundry and Other Stuff....

I'm pretty sure somewhere along the way of this year starting I promised myself (and subliminally to the blogging world) that I would blog more. Hmmmmm I'm sure I did, but to note it was NOT a New Year's resolution cause yeah, I DON'T DO THOSE.

Anyway, fast forward a month and I think I've posted maybe 3 times.

Blame Twitter....it's been providing all the random slate of therapy I've needed for quite some time. In short 140 character spurts too, that's about all I really should be allowed for some of my thoughts.

Not much going on in my life. Work and life takes a persistent routine that sometimes just pisses me off. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the blessing that is a job, but ummmm anyone else but me notice that most days, life is just boring? If you're a real grown up you'd admit it too. Each day is the same, get up, hit the snooze button 4 times (any less and its gonna be a bad day), exercise, shower, work, rinse and repeat.

I could interject with glorious tales of things that go on at work but insert any typical school drama -here- and you'll be up to date and you'll be up to date with things that go on at my job. Most days I couldn't even tell you if I had a chance to sit and even contemplate boredom cause my days go that fast. I've got 50-eleven billion people coming in and out of my office asking things ALL DAMN DAY. I'm not sure if its some type of Ashton Kutcher punked type scenario, but it does nothing for my inability to multitask in the first place. I'm not playing, I've been working on the same parent newsletter for 2 weeks. A 2 page newsletter. Seriously, I need some type of shift or something. (A shift to a sugar daddy would be perfect, but I digress).

My social life is good, a little bit of hanging a little bit of vegging out. That combo is actually working quite well. In between all that, of course I've been exercising. Nope no elliptical type stories (that's for my long time readers). I have fallen once or twice (ok maybe a bit more). Nothing outstanding, who hasn't fallen off a workout ball?

I guess I really shouldn't be complaining, but ummm someone should have told the truth growing up. Adult life isn't always the party people claimed it would be. Instead it involves a whole lot of working, laundry and deciding whether the calories in that glass of wine at the restaurant is worth the extra 20 min on the treadmill the next day.

One major thing though: On Jan 17 I celebrated NINE years of cancer free living!! And what's even better: I completely forgot until a few day later... that's a good thing folks.

Ok so that's it. You're caught up.

Until next time,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, staying on a regular blog course is tough sometimes. Congrats on your anniversary of being cancer free!!!