Some randoms:
-Officially sick of winter. No major snowstorms means we only got one snow day all season. Part of the plus of working in a school is looking forward to those snow days. Mother Nature & I are now on bad terms
-in a good routine of healthy eating and working out. I feel my Jillian Michaels coming back. (Not literally cause I STILL can't really make it through one of her workout tapes, but whatever).
-A friend made a hilariously good point the other day. He said all the New Years Resolution workout folks have already given up on their fitness goals so now he has free reign of the workout machines at the gym. So true, in Jan had quite a few co-workers talking to me about their lofty goals. Now the microwave line is a lot shorter cause everyone's gone back out to the fast food spots!
-I've managed to make it two months into the new year without having to see any Doctors about ANY issues. Organic eating may put me in the poor house but its certainly keeping me out of the hospital.
-I think Twitter is my new form of random entertainment. Celebrity twitter beefs are hilarious!! (Shoutout to Rihanna for her spicy hilarity to Ciara).
-FB= tame Sophie. Twitter= random uncensored Sophie. Please don't be aware of the rules & then @reply me with your "tsk tsk" comments. Stick with FB Sophie if you can't handle it....just know other than a random song lyric posted every couple days, FB Sophie stays "stalker-free" boring, lmao.
-Speaking of entertainment, I was being left out of the Words with Friends phenomenon since app they have NO love for Blackberry. But alas, I have found a new mobile game, Lexulous and guess what? They don't discriminate, now I can play all my friends. Find me! Nubiancooki!
-I'm taking a vaca this year! I'm counting down the months and I can't wait. 2010 was the first year in a long time that I didn't have my toes hit any sand. I'll never do that again.
-First year I'm demanding my own attention & not allowing folks to overwhelm me with their needs. Yeah I'm a social worker so its the nature of my job to give attention but I've been going overboard with it. No mas, not carrying anyone on my shoulders longer than they need. Its interesting to see how people react. Some are encouraging. More are salty though (yeah I said it). Its amazing how people show their true colors when they can't use you. I'm not mad at them though, its my own fault for letting folks think that. Its automatically weeding out the fakes and allowing me to see who the real folks are.
-I've been called a jerk, ass, & even that other word (that I don't ever call anyone) a few times already. Maybe its due to the point I just made above, or maybe I need to check myself. Self evaluation coming. Or not, but at least I made a note of it.
-The older I get the less tolerant I am of some things. Keeping an open mind & turning the other cheek is is a phenomenon I'm starting to struggle with.
-Promised myself that after over 5 years of locing, I would make this the year that hairdressers were touching my hair on a regular. I haven't been once. Maybe in year 6.
-Has curbed my music dl addiction. Ok let me be honest, I've tamed it. Itunes has only gotten about 20$ from me all year!
-Is tired of winter hibernation. Seriously can we get 6 months of spring instead?
-Is trying not to analyze people's FB statuses but seriously some folks make a habit out of status complaining. Everything is a complaint....my thinking is, if EVERY single thing at work causes a FB complaint status, you're in the wrong job (or career) and need to get out NOW!
-is still angry at how quickly the Adele concert sold out. Me thinks Adele needs to add a 2nd show and soon. Perhaps if I state it here I can stop complaining 'bout it on Twitter, lol.
This is the first time in YEARS I've been thinking of subjecting myself to the radio just so I can be involved in "win tiks" situations. Haven't actually turned on the radio yet but I'm thinking about it.
-Has had 5 party events at my apt in 3 months. Had a total of 2 events at my last apt in 10 years. I'm loving entertaining (although my wallet isn't). Wii party queen and apparently my cooking skills are better than I thought so folks get to eat good (& healthy) too! And you can't just come & sit, bring a tee-shirt cause you're gonna SWEAT
-Recently tried Karaoke....ridiculous amounts of fun and although I can't sing a lick the audience was mesmerized (at least that's what I kept telling myself, lol)
Enough randoms for now. Perhaps I should challenge myself to a "blog post for each day" in March. Sounds good when I type it, but we'll see....
peace, love, vegetables & lots of glitter!

1 comment:
I've had enough winter as well. Bring on the sunny days of spring. Fall is actually my favorite season, but I'll take spring.
I wish I could get into twitter. It seems so overwhelming to me and I just don't have the time to commit to one more online thing.
Good for you re: "I'm demanding my own attention & not allowing folks to overwhelm me with their needs."
Post a Comment