Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Andy is His Name

Please know that when the following change was made, the earth shifted, the worlds almost collided, Tyrese's twitter account was taken over by someone who made sense, and I ate a piece of chicken (ok now I took it way too far, I'll NEVER eat chicken!) Anywho.....

I gave up my Sophieberry and switched to an Android.

(Please take whatever time you need to mourn properly. Liquid spirits may be poured out accordingly. Or sipped, yes its early in the day, but whatever....)

Those of you who know me, either in person or via the Internet world know that I SWORE by my Blackberry. It was the first thing I touched in the am, and the last thing I saw at night. (I promise you that will change when I get married). It kept me abreast of everything I needed to to and save for a reboot or two (or a thousand) it was always on. It always delivered my messages and tweets and made me look business savvy in any arena.

It did not, however, provide me with any kind of entertainment and restricted me to choosing which apps I wanted to hold on to at any time. It didn't wow me with a large screen to partake of my "Eye Candy" folder whenever I liked. I couldn't (lose a billion times) play WWF anytime I wanted, had to rely on the trusty Ipod Touch at home to share my words. With. Friends.

I'm trying to work on my ability to be extra spontaneous, so last Saturday I jumped. Full belly flop bungie jump into the world of Android....and sorry SophieBerry, you shall never be fondled again. You will indeed collect dust in the bottom of a drawer until I lay you to ultimate cell purgatory rest. There's a new sleek, big, shiny, always on, tool that provides me non stop pleasure. I never ever have to wait for you to get it up (re-boot) in the middle of fun (Don't we all wish....but I digress). His name is Andy.

Ode to Andy

You make me a cool tech geek.
I whip you out at all the cool events and watch people squirm with excitement at the new boy toy in my hands.
You allow me to fully immerse myself in my addiction for all things google.
I get to say (with glee) "oh, there's an app for that" AND save it on my memory card. *waves to the salty i-phoners*
You allow me to "accidentally" type sexual innuendos just cause typing on your screen has a big learning curve.
I can shake you and you rustle my rack (In WWF,what were YOU thinking?)
I touch your screen with a little extra pressure and you vibrate.
My SophieMode has a LARGE wallpaper & lock screen pic from my favorite gallery. Muscles and abs and flesh, oh my!
....The bell starts to ring, an angel starts to say "Hey that's the phone for you, so what are you gonna do, hey Andy, I love you (I love you sooooooo)
All I do is think of you, day and night.
I can't get you off my mind, think about you all the time......

Ok so no poem is complete without a song lyric or two....(I never said I was a poet).

I should note though: (To be fair....cause nothing is perfect)

-Learning to type on a touchscreen after years of a qwerty keyboard, makes me sound illiterate more times that I care to admit.
-Colorizing my Plume Twitter timeline lets me stalk all my fav tweeters quite easily.
- I need to remember that the fringe/qik videochat apps should not be pressed unless I have already made sure that I'm dressed fully.
-I'm starting to feel the pangs of carpal tunnel just from a week of never letting my phone out of my hands.
-Battery life and carrying my charger take on a whole new meaning. Searching for an outlet in the middle of the mall cuts into shopping time.
-A zillion apps means my brain is now even more haphazard, non committal and fickle all at the same time.
-My laptop feels neglected. (I should note that I could have typed this blog from the blogger app on my phone, but I am working on sharing the love)
-There is no app (yet) to teach me how to keep both feet (and not my face) on the ground at all times #clumsyrecognition

So, you get the point? Even if you don't,I think I've rambled enough for a Saturday morning......lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious! You know when I saw "His name is Andy" as the subject, I almost knocked my kid to the ground to open your blog!!!! You got me good. Well played.

Ms. Blackman said...

It's still not an iPhone! LOL...but glad you finally upgraded and joined the "real" smartphone world...so proud of you!! :-)