Side bar before I begin (wait, can I have a sidebar when I haven't typed anything yet? LOL its my blog so I guess I can do what I want to do!) Wth won't blogspot notify me when I have comments that need to be moderated? Its annoying but I never know that I have comments to be moderated until I sign in again to put up a new post! So thank you my faithful few commentors, I don't mean to seem like I'm not appreciative of your comments, I am, please keep it up. I just need to figure out how to be told you've actually commented!
OK so getting back to my post for the day. For those who follow me on FB or Twitter you know I've been held captive by the SnownotoriousBIG of 2010 here in the DMV. Since Friday evening I've been holding vigil in my ultra small apartment moving between sleep, snack, mindless tv, re-reading books, panic attacks, and MUSIC. And you know what, save for the fact that I haven't interacted physically with a single human being except for the 7-11 folks I sledded down to see on Monday cause I was just dying to get out, I'm doing ok.
In all honesty I'm a bit concerned.... that I'm not losing it. Its been like a imposed hibernation from humans and I'm not climbing the walls. I'm bored yes, but appreciative of the days off from work and time to relax (and wear my Saturday bra--oh ok no bra, for 4 days!) Those of you who are not in the itty bitty tittie committee know what I'm talking about. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH FREEDOM OHHHHHHHH FREEDOM, OOOHHHHHH FREEDOM OVER ME (OVER ME).....well you get the point.
I've had plenty of time to ponder my thoughts, sleep (who knew I couldn't sleep at will) and listen to my favorites over and over again. In the midst of all this, one of my FAVORITE artists ever in life decided to drop an album after 10 years. Yup I still call them albums....my blog= my terminology. Now that I think about it, I think God planned for me to be off so I could play Sade infinitely in my apartment (Bet the neighbors are loving me now). Actual text to a buddy 11:25am "btw do you think that my neighbors are going to lynch me cause I've played Sade 4 times already this morning?"
Her music is like a soothing ointment on my heart and mind. Her music transports me back to simpler times and pushes me to move forward in life all at once. Be honest with yourselves, unless you're planning on doing #hoshit (which is my favorite hash tag on Twitter, lol) not many other artists can make you say that (cue Trey Songz, Lil Wayne......) Pox on the blogger who said that Sade's album wasn't all that great cause "it sounds like all her other ones" Ummmm all her other ones are great, so what are you saying brother? Un-followed him immediately on Twitter, cause joker wasn't making sense at all...lol
Some things I've learned on this journey through snow:
1- I can be alone. No really really alone. I've made it 4 days and with 10-20 inches headed our way...maybe be 1 or 2 more. Minus the extra smiling I was doing to the 7-11 workers can really be alone. Note: I can does not mean I want to be alone. Just good to know I can be.
2- I still love my bb. Has been my saving grace to people while the DMV decides how long they are NOT going to run Metro or even plow my street? Couldn't do #hoshit even if I wanted to! (LOL ok I just wanted to use that term again, don't you see how funny it is?) Text/email/bbm away folks, you can even CALL.....I'm needing great loads of entertainment.
3- I haven't eaten myself into a tizzy. I still have snacks after 4 days and didn't go re-up for more when I found out another storm is coming. I'm a health guru hear me roar (well ok not quite, but I'm proud)
4- Even though I haven't over indulged, I will still gain a few pounds just cause that's how my luck is. (damn my genes)
5- Twitter folks talk about way different stuff during the day than at night. When I'm at work I rarely if ever get a chance to read twitter let alone tweet. So who knew such deep convos get shared in the middle of the day. Shoutout to the daytime Twitter crew keeping me entertained.
6- I still don't want to know who's got a buffalo to adopt on Farmville, beat up a gang on Mafia Wars, or took a movie quiz....yup all that stuff still gets blocked on Facebook. I play just like the next person, but you won't catch me reading about it.
7- I get annoyed when I don't get a comment on my FB status. Call me interactive, isn't the point of putting up a status, so that folks have something to say? Usually I get tons of folks to comment, cause I stump em with my song lyrics. I even put up a Doctor Seuss type rhyme this morning (coupled with a Sade lyric) 2 hours later and nary a peep. I'm RHYMING people....hmmmm maybe folks don't like rhymes. I'll try a haiku tomorrow.
8- People love to put up snow pics. I know what snow looks like and after this week I don't need to be reminded. Its actually the snow (and subsequent 6 hours of power failure) that caused the first panic attack I've had in weeks. What's weird is that I had the PA AFTER the power came back on....weird. I think it was triggered by my extreme fear of total darkness and the fear that the power would go back off...again me living alone didn't help at all. So sorry folks on FB, I usually do my best to comment on pics, cause again isn't that the point of uploading pics, but I'm avoiding any triggers. I didn't even look outside my window for a day after the PA.
9- I have a new appreciation of Bullies. *You'd have to be reading my last few FB status updates to get that one*
10- I can re-read a book and not have remembered most of the events/details of the story I read the first time around. I won't even complain about that right now cause its entertained me . Shoutout to Mary Monroe, Wally Lamb, and Jodi Piccoult for re-readability.
11-My blogging family needs to blog even more. I can rely on some of the daily folks, but some of my favorite peeps/bloggers have been neglecting their craft for way too long (like I have a right to complain right? lol) So before I start listing full gov't names (if I know them) Tha Management Karlon and a few others you've got homework to do!
12-With all my complaining about being alone during this storm I really wonder what I'd be feeling if I was in a relationship and snowed in with a boo right now. I'm sure it would have its merits, ie #hoshit (3 times in one blog, yay!) and comfort when I had that PA from my 6 hours of Little House on the Prairie living, but in all honesty, was it better for me to be alone? I think that would have been a perfect test to the longevity of a relationship.... 4 days in an apt a man would certainly help me decide if he truly was the teddy bear of my dreams, which would have made these past few days a hot precursor to the upcoming Valentines Day long weekend. Or it would have been an unfortunate realization of a human Chucky doll I would want to set on fire out back.
13- Two small bottles of wine can last you 4 days (and counting). Save for the glass I spilled from being a clumsy cooki yesterday trying on heels (after drinking one glass) and carrying a glass of white Zin (no condemnation here, I was bored) I still have both a bit of my White Zin & Moscato left. Yup, I'm a classy lady.
14- I dared not end my list on the number 13, I've had enough bad luck for one snowstorm, so just wanted to make sure I tipped the scales in my favor.
So enough of my rambling for one day, for my folks in the DMV here's hoping this next storm isn't like the first. I'd like to have a chat with that darn groundhog....
Don't forget to talk to me.....technology makes it oh so simple, take your pick! Just DONT' send me any ones of snow! Palm trees & blue water only please!

1 comment:
First of all, many props to you on your many revelations in the midst of SnowtoriousBIG 2010, they were quite interesting and insightful. And let me also extend a congratulations to you on impressively & successfully inserting #hoshit in a blog post three times. "Awesomeness."
So in the spirit of sharing revelations I thought I'd share a few of my own and I've even decided not to further inquire about why you were having wine and trying on heels... Hey solitude carries a lot of faces, do what you do. I've also decided not to apologize for the snow pics I posted to FB. After debating whether or not to succumb to the trend I caved basically because I haven't uploaded any pics since the Big O's inauguration.
This lead me to my first revelation:
1-a brother needs to get some stuff going on in 2010 that is worth the room on my camera's memory card. I mean can I get some plans.
2-I feel you on getting comments when you post something on FB. Glad it's not just me, I was feeling a little narcissistic about my need for commentary...I mean interaction :)
3-I never realized how much entertainment can be garnered from a simple window pane especially when it faces the hood in a snow storm (yes, i still live in the hood and unlike John Mayer I still have my hood pass). Cats still hangin on the corner. Frozen but they cool tho.
4-Finally, while excited by the release of Sade's new "album" I have realized that I should keep some of my thoughts on Sade to myself I mean I would never say every song sounds the same because i certainly value your follow on twitter and your friendship on facebook. :)
On the real (ok if you get to say album I get to say "on the real") this is a great post in your blog as are the others so keep 'em coming.
Post a Comment