Sometimes the internet can be way too much....was bored so I did a search using my full (government name).....and found out way too much of myself is listed on the Internet. Really its kinda scary to see only cause I know there are unstable folks out there. So on a whim, anyone could find me. Much as I love my name, having a name that isn't that common helped to narrow down lots of info about me. My work number, linked in profile (and I don't even use that site) Facebook, info about medical history, license number....you name it, it was there. Sheesh, anonymity takes on a whole new meaning here. Even my screen name linked me to lots of places I visit. Darn, things aren't as personal as I thought. Thank goodness I lead a simple life, doing scandalous things like sliding down a stripper pole isn't something I engage in, so no embarrassing info should pop up.
Its fun when you can google your favorite entertainer and learn new facts. Not fun when MY personal info is up there. Than goodness I'm kinda low key.... Wish I had a more common name.....last name Smith, Thomas, you know...the ones that lead to a google search in the thousands. I did see that there are quite a few me's in France though. That part was cool....
Still feeling a bit uncomfortable though...

2 comments:
can you send me your email address so that I can send you a copy of Van Hunts latest release for review?
mmoss7@gmail.com
I can relate. My cousin from another state told me about a site that revealed a lot of information. It showed my birthday, my past address where I have lived and it even shows your relatives. I was in shock. That's how we have so many predators and stalkers out there because they are online finding stuff about people. This is an outrage. Then to make it worse, if you want your name off the list, you have to call an 800 number and it will be off in about 6-8 weeks, but so many other people have seen it already.
Post a Comment