Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Too Much Class: A 7-11 run....

Ok so I'm having a hilariously fun weekend, and it includes me watching sappy movies on a Saturday night, eating delicious ice cream and gabbing with friends on the status update thread of my bff, while my bff sits two feet away from me responding on her lap top. Bet you haven't done that before, have you?

Things I've learned this weekend:

-you CAN wear 4 inch heels to the 7-11. Did I mention walking to the 7-11? My BFF is fly like that. Most of us throw on some sandals or sneakers or, ahem, TEVA walking shoes (yes they are that comfortable) for a quick run, but Chenelle likes to do everything diva style....she had no shame in her game. (Yeah she wore them to the crab shack too)

-all parking garages look alike in downtown DC. OMG the bff and I (are you sick of me saying bff yet? Sorry but its quicker to type, than Chenelle) had some great sushi the other night and decided to hit a late movie. So the quick trip after dinner back to the car to drop off leftovers before the movies, turned into an hour long exasperating trek around the same 4 blocks in DC desperately trying to find the darned parking garage. And then when we finally found it, we took quite a bit of time finding the car.

-Chenelle actually thought I had paid attention to where in the parking garage she actually had parked her car. That child has way too much confidence in me. I swore we were in someone's bad horror flick as we trekked through that whole lot looking for the car (And you do know what happens to black folk in a horror movie right?)

-I'm old. Not senior citizen old, but old enough to not be able to stay awake in a late movie on a Thursday night. Thought I was hip too, walking into that theatre with all the cool folks who can stay awake long enough to catch a movie in the middle of a work week. Note of importance: I only slept for about 20 minutes and apparently did not miss an important stretch of the movie cause I caught right on when I woke up, but still....

-Making plans to do mainstream Saturday night activities like the rest of the world, never works for me. Now granted I've been moving all day, cleaning, laundry, cooking, exercise, etc....but I did have high hopes. Didn't make it though. I tried, I do give myself an A for effort, cause I got almost all the way dressed before Chenelle called me out and said she knew I didn't wanna really go anywhere. hmph, some folks think they really know a sista....

-You can laugh ALL the way to the 7-11 and back...

-Back to the parking garages, although the parking garage options in DC are plentiful, their time schedule IS NOT. We left that movie theatre confident in our navigational skills and that we would make it directly to our car. One thing we neglected to notice in our "where is Carmen Sandiego" game of finding the car before the movie is that the darned garage closes at 11pm! Yeah, we got out of the movie theatre after well after 12am! Thankfully the guard on the other side of the building let us in another way.

-We almost had a Dukkes of Hazzard type experience trying to get through the gate leaving the lot, and I had no problems explaining why we were about to bust through there. The gate just wasn't moving fast enough for me, lol

-I made my first "fancy" breakfast and had fun doing so. Fancy of course meaning putting spreading the pancakes out around the plate and putting the cheesy eggs in the middle. Stop laughing, I had the pancake sauce options on lock, syrup, butter AND whip cream were all available...

Learned a lot this weekend, yup.....and sssshhhh I'll try to sneak a pic of the famous 4 inch heels, when Chenelle isn't looking.....

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! Make sure you do it, 4 inch heel style!

1 comment:

Ms. Blackman said...

LOL...my 4 inch heels have nothing to do with being a diva...you know I have a Napoleon complex! Can't be seen in flats! LOL...and I will never forget that night with the parking garage! Too funny!