Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mismatched Sweats, Cooties, & Latin Lovers.....

Now if I started off this blog saying I spent about 6 hours alone in my apartment with 4 Latin construction workers and left it at that, what would you think of me?? I do realize most people think of me as fairly innocent, not really engaging in much in the way of sluttiness.....So hearing that line probably dropped a few mouths open. By the way the line is totally true, yesterday I did spend the day in my apt with 4 hot Latin workers, young too. And 2 of them spent the better part of the day 6 feet away from me as I lay on my couch.

Hmmm maybe I should leave it at that, and leave you guessing. LOL Ok so I left out a few essential parts:

1- I was sick as a dog. Caught some kinda cootie this weekend and was barely moving breathing or anything else yesterday. Did something I don't normally ever do, take a sick day from work.

2-I somehow missed the notice from the landlord warning me that they would be doing the next part of the HVAC install project on the very day of my sick leave.

3- The men paid me little to no mind that day other than to say "Oh poor lady sick, we finish fast, we finish fast!"

4- I heard the commotion in the hallway and having just taken a shower (after trying to break a fever all night) and throwing on some mismatched sweats (which to me are always more comfy than matched sets, don't ask why), I walked out of my apt door to them smiling on the other side saying they were coming in...

5- There's no sexiness in wearing mismatched sweats, running a fever, and hacking every few seconds....none whatsoever

6- This was the only time I absolutely hated the work ethic of people from other countries...I know cause my fam is from Haiti and my Mom's work ethic is crazy. I've picked it up thus my issues with #1. Those men worked until lunchtime then said they'd be gone for an hour break. Glorious to me since I hadn't been able to sleep all morning with them there. Guess what?? They came back in 35 minutes!!

7- My thoughts of a wanton love tryst were pre-empted by #5 and the fact that by 1pm I was DYING for them to leave so I could lay down and go to sleep.

8- I know what you're thinking, no I did not take a nap while they were there. That would have been too much temptation for them, seeing me laying there all sexy and vulnerable....lol sorry still a little delirious from the meds.

9- By 2pm I had stopped smiling or speaking all together. Whatever it was that needed painting I figure primer was good enough for me. They didn't agree though. Dammit.

10- By 3pm I was ready to put them out. Fortunately they swore they were finishing up. And darn it one of them insisted on singing Spanish lyrics over the sound of the tv I had on. So I turned the tv up louder. After all the loud tv was keeping me awake. Mr. Latin's slow remixed version of Tu Sonrisa was doing nothing but making me drowsier.

11- Usually when the workers come in (and I'm at work) they put everything back in its place after they've worked. So much so that a few times I didn't even realize right away that any changes had been made to my apt. This time though when they started moving stuff back I quickly told them I got it! They actually looked kinda sad, but hey, anything to get them out of my apt and me into my glorious bed!

12- I slept for over 4 hours after that...

13- They're back today! But not in my apt, I left my chain on strictly for that purpose. Nah....they're working on the next apt today, but maybe I should go down and say hi. Seeing as the cooties have begun to leave me and I've managed to match my sweats today AND put on earrings......who knows that Latin Love tryst may be a possibility after all!

By they way....it seems there's quite a few folks catching a cootie or two in late May. So lets all protect ourselves...its too warm out to be cooped up rubbing Vics on each other, and drinking hot toddy's (unless that's how you get down on regular Thursday evenings....lol)

So say it with me all,

Circle Circle, Dot Dot
Now I got my Cootie Shots!


1 comment:

Kia Taylor said...

Funny!! I have the whole picture in my head, thanks! Needed that laugh today:)