Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

What will I do when I really get old?

My most recent Facebook status update is below:

Sophia Carré is tickled yet embarrassed but sharing with my Facebook fam anyway: getting senile in my early 30's? YES!!! Took a shower for the past 3 days in what I thought was brand new shower gel. Couldn't figure out why it didn't lather as much as I thought it should. It smelled good though and almost didn't need lotion afterwards.... hmmmm this is why READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. It was HAIR CONDITIONER!! LMBO!!

I won't blame the Target employee who OBVIOUSLY thought it was shower gel too, cause it was in the shower gel aisle. I won't blame my friend Debbie who helped me pick out a summer shower gel since I was trying to be economical and lay off all the Bath and Body Works spending. Figured I'd "lower my standards" and buy regular shower gel. (Can't even tell you when the last time was that I did that.) I admit it, I'm a shower gel snob. I won't even blame myself, after all showering first thing in the morning and most nites, who exactly is taking the time to read the labels on the shower gel?

I am glad that I'm ultra bourgeoisie in the shower. I THANKFULLY don't wash my face or my -ahem- goodies with shower gel. I have special soap for my face, and one for the goodies. I have different wash cloths for each of those areas too... I'm a shower snob, didn't we already establish that? Could you imagine?? Conditioner on the goodies? That would have been a whole other blog post (and ER trip) altogether!

People had all kinds of things to say to me on Facebook about what I did today. The brave ones commented publicly on my status, others texted or messaged me. I apparently have missed my calling, comedy should have been my thing. Never had so many "liked it's" and thank you to the dear friend who admitted that she had done that once too (Nevermind she said she only did it once, as opposed to me showering for several days with conditioner...) And to answer a few folks questions, no that is not the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. Got lots more to choose from but I think getting stuck between the refrigerator and the wall in my kitchen one time takes the cake (for now at least). And that was back in my chubby days. Whew! thank goodness a little prayer, and sweat from trying to break free helped me shimmy back out of that one!

One person who shall remain nameless told me that I wasn't fit to be living by myself. HEY, I totally agree! As soon as that fine chocolate honey with the long locs (or shaved bald), booty like a football, passion, faith, humor, zest for life, and a J-O-B, likes it AND puts a ring on it gets here though....we'll just hope people check on me every now and then.

So the day ended well. Had to redeem myself though so 7 Bath and Body Works shower gels later, I'm back in business!

Signed,
The Redeemed Shower Gel Snob

2 comments:

QueenBee said...

Yes, comedian is your calling. I am so laughing at you. But hope this makes you feel better. I am not a hair spray type of person, but one day I thought that I should use some. Well, how about it wasn't hair spray, it was starch. I nearly had a cow, but I did manage to survive. Thanks for sharing.

Naturally Alise said...

This was too funny, sounds like the many times I have put on Bath & Body Works body wash thinking it was lotion... very sad. lol...

Love the post!