For the first time in years I did what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. No random sweaty clubs that I didn't really want to go to, nor did I sit at home upset cause I didn't plan the fun I wanted to do.
Friends got in on the festivities too. Case in point
Really, I think I was more excited by the cake than actually eating it. (Cause I'm back on my preserving my sexy health routine and face it, as cute as the cake it, it will NOT look good hanging from my stomach in Hawaii). Spirit week was also this week at my job. I had a blast and even won the "Best Bamma" Award! (Who knew I'd be the only one to truly tap into my inner Bamma??)
And honestly, it was quite liberating to dress like a fool all that day. Made folks smile and one even called on the Lord when they saw me. (Gotta be a vessel for the Lord by any means necessary, lol) Twin Day, And Sports Day went very well too.Of course PJ day fell on my actual birthday. Walking around at work in my pj's and slippers is definitely something I would vote for on the next Election ballet. The kids had a serious pajama jammy jam that afternoon and by the time I left work we were all exhausted.
Ordered in some food, cut the cake and watched movies with some pals. Lisa and I revived our old after college days hangout. Our reunion, Rio Grande! Minus the 7-11 slurpee tasting margaritas, the food was excellent! (Also note a bold chess move was played during this dinner, with Lisa's help!) The sopas pillas made me put up a ode to love on my Facebook status update, yes it was THAT good!
The rest of the week was a blur of activities. Of course the main activity was my 2nd tattoo. (Yes with all the pain, this thing can be addictive) I love it, and am already planning how to add on to it, very soon. And yes, let me be the only honest person on the face of this earth to say that tattoos hurt like heck!! Don't let anyone lie to you, its pain, plain and simple!
But its so worth it....can't wait to debut my new look on vacation this summer....We even went on a "Dirty Dog" hunt. For me it was a pretzel hunt, but for the carnivores with me we went all the way downtown via Metro Friday night searching for Vendors. Uh, yeah we forgot it was good Friday, not a vendor to be found. (Don't worry we solved that dilemna after our Madame Toussauds run on Saturday) Saturday was a flurry of activities, pedicure, IHop for breakfast, Madame Toussauds,
Columbia Mall, Red Lobster....whew its a wonder I'm awake at a decent hour today. Well I guess if the Lord can rise on Resurrection Sunday, so can I! Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment