Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Recap- On Hold No More.

I hate putting this blog up. All weekend long I said I would blog on the last day of the holiday weekend to recap. But now that its that time I'm a little pissed that I should be recapping. Recapping to me means the weekend went too darn quickly!

So yeah, no warm and fuzzies over here, now it means that I have to go to work tomorrow. How I wish I could quit then live carefree for the rest of my life. But yeah, there are those bills and stuff......

Thanksgiving weekend was fantabulous. Cooked a fabulous meal that I am still eating...hit Black Friday at the crack of dawn (make that before dawn, I was out and about at 3:45am!) didn't get anything major, of course for that you needed to have been camped out the day before. Picked up a few knick knacks. Saturday got all my Christmas ornaments for my tree.

Lets pause right here. I am absolutely in love with my tree. This is the first year that I've bought a live tree. I don't know what I've been waiting for, its that single syndrome. You know that one where you put things in life on hold cause you think you shouldn't do it yet cause you're single (Yeah it is as dumb as it sounds) Broke that myth along with the one where I never cooked Thanksgiving dinner for myself.

So for me up until this year, I figured I'd wait until I was married with a house before I got a live tree. How dumb was that? Live tree is now on the premises! Its gorgeous too. Gotta find my camera so I can take a shot of it all lit up tonight. Side bar- I'm a little worried though cause even though an inch has been chopped off the end (like the instructions said) it still hasn't soaked up the water I put in the tray. I don't know what that's about, hopefully I won't be posting in a few days that my little tree died or anything. So send a prayer up that my tree starts drinking. (Thanks- going to check the tree again now)

Also spent money on ornaments. You know the ones you actually want to wrap back up and save for the next year. (As opposed to the dollar store ones that look cheap) And I've been staring at my little tree and ornaments all day. Feel like I need to Tree party or something so folks can check it out. Well then again, I would have to clean up and not in the mood for that today.

I feel like a weight has been lifted. Didn't feel the need to go sit in anyone's else's house for Thanksgiving just cause that's what it generally expected. Cooked for me, ate, napped, ate some more, and of course shared with the greedy friends that stopped by. Point still remains, didn't have to get out of my PJ's!

Living for me, right now.....and it feels darned good!

1 comment:

NeenaLove said...

lol... i know how that goes. we put our life on hold for, in my case, kids. i have the husband but no children so i skipped on getting a tree. but next year... next year... i'm getting a tree for husband and i even if i don't have any kids.