I can't believe it. I'm actually becoming a football fan.
For all you folks who watch football on the regular, know that this is big for me. I'm a girly girl, and unless it was the 90s three peat Team of the Chicago Bulls (more importantly BJ Armstrong) then I didn't have anything to do with it.
But lately I've been getting into football. Not hard considering I live in the DC area, and NO state has fans like Redskins fans. I've never seen so many jerseys, flags in the windows of cars, etc ALL YEAR LONG. Never mind whether the Redskins are 1st or last in the league DC locals are die hard Redskins fans.
Fortunately for me I can claim another state as my true home and so the Giants have become the team I have been following. It helps that they've been doing so well.....
Now don't get it confused I'm still confused by all the rules. At any given time I may or may not know what's happening on the field, but I'm trying my best to learn. Its actually interesting as you get to know what's happening. Confusing, but still interesting. At least now I know the difference between the yellow line and the blue line, and why sometimes the clock keeps running and why it sometimes stops (hey-no laughing, those were big lessons for me to learn!)
Now if I could only understand 3rd and 8, 1st down and all that kinda stuff....Anyone wanna help?

4 comments:
Girl, this girl wearing a Redskins jersey almost whooped this boy wearing a Dallas jersey in Metro center tonight. The cop across the platform was all, "Hey hey keep it down. Good sportsmanship, c'mon!" It was gettin' ROWDY!!
'Skins fans are OUT.OF.CONTROL!
Girl, I am a big football head so direct any questions to me, I can give you the abridged girl version of all things football.....
i LOVE football!! i don't really watch the pro's but i love my high school team. i still go out to the games. i love college football on TV... i just love it!! it's something my husband and i bond over and i STAY out of his way if i ain't feeling football for the day.
Love it that the sisters are speaking up for football!
LisSass- I believe you, the other day at work morning circle got heated when one of the teachers shouted her happiness about the Cowboys...
NaturallyAlise- so when is the first Football101 internet class being held?
NeenaLove- College football too? Whew I have a lot to learn!
Post a Comment