Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Social Networking Mania.....my Sophieberry saves the day!

Ok so I'm hooked.....on my new Sophieberry, but in general just hooked with anything related to a status update. As if I think I'm THAT important, I have to incorporate a tweet, status update, pin etc into my day multiple times per day. Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and now my newest obsession, my Blackberry.....is keeping me "socially connected" to the world.

Mind you I have no problems making friends in real life (or irl for all you pc lingo savvy folk). Being a social worker has enhanced my already exceptional skills of convo and friend making. Now the internet is making things even more easy.

I absolutely love the fact that I can communicate with folk all over the world. Minus the creeps (you know,the ones that want to "friend you" but all they want to do is either send or receive naked pics, yuck!) its pretty cool.

I have different levels of friends for different things. Of course this blog is my way of ranting/rambling & sharing deep insight with the world. My MySpace is mainly for friending musicians, actors, etc to keep up with entertainment news, concert listings, gossip etc. Of course a few of my real friends and family are on there, but they mainly know better that the best way to contact me is via Facebook or Sophieberry. Facebook lists all my friends from birth (literally) forward. Who knew the 6 degrees of separation actually exists? Minus the cousin who feels the need to steal my friends and friend request them (what the heck is that about?) its pretty cool.

Lately I've added two more ways of being incommunicado. Twitter, which I'm still getting used to and BBM. That's Blackberry Messenger.....of course that one is limited to friends & acquaintances with Blackberries themselves. But one of the many things about my Sophieberry that I love is that it all comes to my berry!

Anywho, gotta luv the internet for keeping me linked to everyone!

Wanna chat, email, or nag me? Pick your choice......I'm Nubiancooki on Twitter & MySpace, my real name is on Facebook (Gotta know me to get that one, or you can email me and I'll share) If you're a Blackberry fan, Pin me! Send me a message and I'll share my pin #......

I'll even give a little counseling advice for free!LOL

No comments: