
Seems to be a few folks are in the mood for love....Must be cause the holidays are coming up. Anywho....a friend sent a request for my "list" on Facebook and minus a bit of deja vu.....figured I'd blog about it.
If you haven't heard already, I'm a music person. Really and truly, I think and breathe and sometimes speak music lyrics. Just ask my Facebook buddies....most of my status updates are song lyrics. And it drives them up the wall when they can't figure out what song it is. I have one or two friends who hang tough with me, especially when its old skool rap lyrics. But the slow jams get most of them every time.
Even while still single, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. So for years I've been building on my all time list of romantic songs, titled "The Ultimate" on my ipod playlist. I really don't mind if you don't like the songs I picked, cause its MY LIST. (Folks always wanna argue you about something).
So here there are, in no particular order. Someone asked me to put them in favorites order, but instead of spending the rest of my Sunday (when I'm supposed to be resting from this cold that won't go away) pulling my hair out, I decided to just list them. How can I choose between "Oh so long for this night I prayed..." and "If I were a bird, I could take to the sky..."
Here it is:
-Ribbon in the Sky, Stevie Wonder
-Songbird, Eva Cassidy
-Can't Let Go, Anthony Hamilton
-In a Sentimental Mood- Duke Ellington & John Coltrane
-You Bring Me Joy, Anita Baker
-Never Felt This Way, Brian McKnight
-Higher, D'Angelo
-For All We Know- Donnie Hathaway
-Free, Lashell Griffin
-I Believe in you and Me-Whitney Houston
So for Christmas, if you'd like to send me my BOO, (God fearing, with a job, passionate about life and music, likes good convo, live music and traveling...) the best way to my heart is through this playlist.
See and you thought it'd be hard to think of a Christmas gift for me....
P.S. I'm always looking for "new" music to be inspired by, what are your favorite jams???

3 comments:
"Make Me Whole","For Real" - Amel Larrieux
"Smooth" - Lina(Her whole album "The Inner Beauty Movement" is awesome by the way)
"Love Thirst" Jean Grae
"Forever" Brand New Heavies
Im not in the mood for love....sorry!
I call that list my "Songs that Make Me Melt List"...just a few (I have a bunch on that list) are:
"As" - Stevie Wonder
"Overjoyed" - Stevie Wonder
"You & I" - Stevie Wonder
"Never Felt This Way" - Brian McKnight
"Ready or Not" - After 7
"Your Smile" - Renee & Angela
"Adore" - Prince
"All I Ever Wanted" - Mariah Carey
"He Loves Me" - Jill Scott
"Music Box" - Mariah Carey
"You Give Good Love" - Whitney
"Till the End of Time" - Mariah Carey
Post a Comment