I don't have anything pretty to say about it. It's scary, it's work, it hurts, it scars, it kills (not just cells but the spirit too). Since January 17, 2002 its been part of my life story.
September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. A moment in time I take to honor all those women who have come before me, are on a battle plan currently, and increasingly those who will find this obstacle in their path in the future. I dare say they all have/will probably done it with more grace and class than I did.
Its not always easy to find the courage to talk about it, but I'm going to put away the fear & embarrassment and rock my survivor pin proudly EVERY DAY this month and I'll be extra willing to share if it'll save just one life. Just ask....
But you should know this:

If you're looking for something to support, support this cause!

2 comments:
I like the post. Very courageous and definitely a positive step! I'll be looking for that pin daily.
Your voice is so important! Thank you!! When I find a pin, I will rock it too!!
Post a Comment