My FB status update this morning:
Dear Vacation, You were amazing. "You were the best (fling) I've ever had. Can you please do me a favor? Can you text Mother Nature & ask her to drop a nice blizzard on us starting tonight, just to give us another week (or two)? I think I'd like to take our relationship to the next level. "Baby, you the best!" With love, Sophia
This written at about 6am on the first morning back to work after a gloriously lazy and cathartic two week break. I hadn't had a two week break since '02 when ummmmm well that wasn't quite a vacation.... (You'll forgive me if I don't want to rehash that whole experience again)
I had made my piece with having to go back to work....wasn't happy about it but hey such is adult life. Low and behold just as I had stepped out of the shower this morning when my supervisor called to say the heat in the building wasn't working and I could stay home for the day! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!
FIERCE DANCING ENSUED for about 2 minutes as she talked. I'm not really sure what she said. I was trying to figure out whether to change back into my pj's or just leap back into my bed butterball naked and slip off to a glorious extra few hours of sleep. (Just in case you were wondering, I slept until 11).
There's something to be said about that scripture 'you have not because you ask not'. Well shoot since God's in a giving mood.....that sexy piece of eye candy that I've had my innocent eyes on? Can you make him single, saved, (and sane) and looking for me? Those student loans I thought were such a smart idea back in college? A massive computer glitch at Sallie Mae can make those things disappear. Turn my body into one of those that don't react to EVERY single calorie I intake? Set me up with a fab job on the island of my dreams or allow me to not work at all yet keep up my meager yet fashionable style of living? Let football be a year round sport?
I'm on a roll here....my sister said I'm taking the scripture out of context, but hey figure I'll try and see what happens......can't hurt right?
And by the way, yes I am sleeping with my underwear on backwards and throwing an ice cube in the toilet tonight before I go to bed. (I swear I heard that somewhere) I'm holding out hope that this "flurries" report will turn into blizzard of the century that'll keep me on my couch for at least another week. (While I'm at it, God please make sure the Peapod delivery guy delivers my groceries in the midst of the storm, I'll need something to sustain me!)
(By the way as I was typing this post, Principal called to say they got the heat working again and we'll be back to work tomorrow. Hmph! They can control the heat but they can't control the weather, get your icecubes ready folks!)

2 comments:
I declare I have never heard of throwing an ice cube in the toilet. I would ask, ok what the heck, I'm asking. Please send me info on that one. You are true, we have not cause we don't ask. It didn't say we had to need it, right? I wish they would've called me and said the heat wasn't working because it wasn't. I've been off for 2 weeks myself and I sholl did want to go to work in my robe and slippers. Maybe I'll save that for another day.
So funny!!! Let me know if you make contact with Sallie Mae and the calorie counter!!
Post a Comment