Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

8 Years of Life....


I may not remember many details from 8 years ago, but one major detail I remember was my diagnosis of Ovarian & Endometrial Cancer, Synchronous Primaries. Cancer at 26....(totally kills the 20's swagger, I can assure you...) January 17, 2002 has now become my 2nd birth year.

Its been 8 years of living....folks keep asking what I'm doing to celebrate. The only thing that seems fitting is to ask you to donate today....I want you to celebrate my 8 years of life by trying your best to help save others who are in much greater need than I'll ever be. Even at my worst, it was nothing compared to the suffering of hundreds of thousands of people in my family's native country of HAITI.

Just like I didn't understand (and still don't understand) the reason for God's plan for me, I certainly don't understand His plan for the people of Haiti, who we all know have been suffering for a long time. But I do believe that HE has a plan, so I'm moving forward....help the people of Haiti do the same.

EMAIL, call, TEXT, drop off your donations to a charitable organization. Two great organizations are in banners at the top of my blog, click on them and make a pledge. If you want to be really snazzy, donate in a denomination of 8, $8, $18, $108, 8 packs of baby wipes, etc....Or if you don't have tangibly, text 8 friends to let them know to donate...you never know what your communication can do...

THANK YOU....

1 comment:

Kia Taylor said...

I've been thinking about the plan too and you're right...I don't get it...but I'm moving on. So happy you're here as I continue to pray for Haiti.