Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Falling in Love....all over again

Ok so shout out to the BFF cause she got me the best Christmas gift I've gotten in eons. An iTunes giftcard!! Not that I don't appreciate the gifts I receive, but you know, sometimes you get one that just makes you smile extra. That's what this one was.....last time I smiled like that was when my sis got me the Kwame album way back in the day. My sis didn't really get down with Rap at that time so I knew how much it was a stretch for her to get that for me. U2- Joshua Tree was hot too, but you know, Kwame was the ish! LOL.

Anywho getting back to now....spent all of Christmas Day researching and pulling up old music wishlists. Yeah its that serious for me. Music is my life, I'm always, I mean always singing, thinking or listening to music. Yeah that's not a typo, I do think music, anyone a Facebook buddy of mine knows my daily status update almost always ends with a lyric from a song.

Being a music fan sometimes means that sometimes I play an artist or two into the ground. I mean really, I think my ipod wants to yell at me sometimes, maybe even yell "NO!" and refuse to play if I tap on Adele one more time. Or Anthony Hamilton, or Eva Cassidy....you get the point. I've got Playlists for every mood, Preserving the Sexy (workout music) By the Fire (slow jams for a relaxing evening), On My Knees (that good old Jesus music).

I have no problems spending hours on iTunes listening to never heard of folks and finding hidden gems. Emily King, Noel Gourdin, Yahzarah anyone? I've always got a longer list than I have money, so stuff is always on the wishlist. And once I've found it I can listen over and over and over again. And sometimes that can get a bit old, but now I'm finding the secret to my neverending love.....live CD's!!

I'm telling you its the absolute best. We all remember Maxwell Unplugged. (Moment of silence for the wonderfulness that is that CD. Or Lauryn Hill Unplugged (Moment of silence for....ummmm....well her "creativity" on that one). When I stumbled across Adele Live from Soho, I screamed (literally). John Mayer, Corrine Bailey Rae, Sarah Vaughn.... its like falling in love with your favorite CD's all over again. There's just something amazing about that raw voice sound, that acoustic music, the audience joining it at times, the story behind the songs, I love it all. I can kill CBR's "Til it Happens to You", but listening to her croon that one out live? Sheesh girl, SANG!!.... Now of course I'd be in absolute heaven if my favorite male artist of ALL time comes out with a few live CD's. Just know if I ever can get my hands on a live ANTHONY HAMILTON, I may NEVER leave my apt again. And my neighbors might be very upset with me...lol I almost lost my mind hearing him sing "The Point of it all" in concert, putting it on repeat on my ipod, might just be my undoing. Maybe its best there isn't one yet, but really A.Ham?? 6 CD's and not one live CD? I've seen ya live and yes, I may lose my mind, but if thats the way I'll finally lose the rest of my marbles, I'll take it.

In the meantime I'm sitting on my couch acting like I'm at a live concert tonight. A live concert in my curlers and pj's sipping peppermint hot chocolate on Christmas Day. Opening the show is , followed by a little in between sets gonna take it back with Miss
and finish it up with . I would throw in a little Maxwell, Unplugged, but then again, I may not go to sleep tonight if I do!

2 comments:

Tha Management said...

This was a great post. I love music too and foolishly, my itunes account is linked to a credit card, le sigh. Have a Merry Christmas

QueenBee said...

I do feel ya. A co-worker gave me an itunes gift card and it was like I wanted every piece of music they had. And as for Noel Gourdin, he is pimp tight.