Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

My new Blog....of course its new

Ok so I'm welcoming myself to blog land on blogspot. I read blogs like its morning news. Really I don't think I can get through my day without it. Do I need to know what folks statuses are on Facebook every so often throughout the day, yes. Does knowing that my "friend" Roni, made yet another scrumptious, yet tasty dish make my day go smoother....yes. Even gossip blogs, there's something about knowing the every move of my favorite stars that keeps me comforted. Or did I hear about the latest gadget, cellphones seem to be my latest addiction. I'm up to date on every piece of software available for the Blackberrys. Never mind I don't own one. Even my latest favorite blog, I must have it. Never mind that reading about a married woman with two small beautiful children, probably have nothing to do with my current life as a single with no kids (is there a fancy acronym for this?) SWNK.....I digress, but my Hilary with one L is hilarity plus inspiration defined.

So I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I just don't know what my hat is about yet.

I'm a demographic, 30+, professional, Christian, single, on the weight loss challenge, loc'd, Caribbean, Cancer survivor, Social Worker, loves to travel kinda girl. But I don't know whether my blog falls into any of that one thing. Cause I'm not one thing, nor do I focus on one thing at a time, at any time. Yeah sometimes I rant about being single at 30+, or maybe its one of my seemingly comical rants about an exercise machine getting the upper hand. Sometimes its just that I want to you know, I am not my hair (especially when every strand of hair on my head wants to rebel from each loc, and do its own thing). Or maybe its a "oooh oooh guess where I scrounged up the money to go visit?" Other times I get deep, real deep, like what is the meaning of life....., why the hell did I get cancer, or what is my calling kinda feeling, that deep gutteral cry, never would have made it writing. My faith is tested time and time again, but I think I'm starting to get used to that. More often than not though the deepness escapes me and what I'm left with is a never ending thought process of how to get from one day to the next.

I'm not new to blogging, I update my blog every so often on MySpace. I just thought it made more sense, and made it a bit more organized, to just go ahead and bring it all to blogspot. So in essence, this is my first blog. Dead smack in the middle of a list of blogs almost 2 years old.

I wonder what will become of this blog, this attempt to inform, educate, entertain, scare, release my thoughts, actions and emotions. Of course its cathartic for me, but is it for you too? I definitely am a talk back to me kinda gal, my SWNK nature means that I spend enough time alone, talk to me, yell at me, curse me out, give me something. That's what that comments box is for. Please feel free to use it.

No comments: