Ok so I'm all about love, and wanting love.......but I've heard it all before. When you're A SWNK as long as I have been, you either are one of 2 things. Falling for every line you've ever heard, or hoping wishing and praying you find one as good as this one. (Most times I try to be the latter, cause hey, its more fun)
Now I know nothing really about the man in the video, other than that he's one of the few really good up and coming actors of our day. His name is Lamman Rucker, but most of the women I see oohing and aahing over him call him "Sherriff Troy". Uh, can I help some sisters out.......the man's name is Lamman! Drives me crazy when woman fall for actors and can't see past their roles to know they are real people. Wish I would still have someone call me "Bunny #1" 20 years after my starrring role in my 2nd grade (ok its been more than 20 years since 2nd grade) rabbit play.
Anywho......brother is fine, I know. But another thing I've learned is that fine means nothing if there aren't some other things going along with it. Heart, passion, faith, strength AND weaknesses, humour, drive, integrity, THAT MEANS SOMETHING. I don't mind eye candy, but if all I'm focused on is candy, then all I'll end up with is a sweet heartache. If this brother has all that stuff, or at least is working on it, AND SO DO YOU then go for it. For those of you who may have come across my blog because you did a google search for Lamman Rucker and ended up here, then take the time to hear what I'm saying......
Now before you fans start trying to lynch me, none of what I said above has anything to do with the brother in the video, cause as I said above, I don't know Lamman Rucker. That's for those of you who didn't pay attention above and want to pester me for info about him) All I know about him is that from what I've seen in his movies, and read about him (cause I'm a reader, didn't want to put his video up on my blog, then find out he's a jerk) he's very talented, smart, and on his way to something really good. He seems to have a good vision, and can I say it nice and loud HE'S REPRESENTING WELL FOR ALL THOSE MEN WHO DON'T MIND LETTING PEOPLE KNOW HE'S AN EDUCATED BLACK MAN. Whew.....really these days one has to wonder whether thugs are supposed to be what I'm left with. No, this one seems to have his head on straight and you can tell God's given him a passion for what he does. If you take your time to read, (and stop oogling at all the pics of him), you'll see that he stands for a whole lot more than just being popular. Brother does good stuff for the community.
Anywho, what I really wanted to chat about is this video I happened to run across on You Tube. Truly blew me away. I don't know whether he really wrote the poem he read, or found it somewhere else and it touched him enough to present it. Either way, Lord, it sounded like it was from the heart.......and it really touched me. Not the "ooh I wish he were mine" kinda way, cause unless God is trying to hook me up via You Tube, I'd rather get to know a guy live and in real life.
I commend him for standing up and sharing what he was feeling. Not acting, not trying to drop a line on anyone, just sharing something that he wanted to share about love. Now of course, there's something empowering about sharing private thoughts. Then again, he probably performed it in front of a crowd full of strangers. Something cathartic, yet safe about that too, after all save for the friend or two that he probably brought with him, no one else really knows him. If you can take the time to get past all the side comments from people while he was talking, listen to what he says.
Maybe you're happily married, so you can't relate. Or you're happily dating so you've heard it before. But as a single woman who's waiting on God to do what He does.......it was a relief to hear I'm not alone.

No comments:
Post a Comment