Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Quick excerpt from....THE NIECE CHRONICLES

So for some random reason ( can't even remember why it was necessary) I told my niece I had a monster under my couch named Farley. First she laughed, then she screamed, then threw pillows around the perimeter of the couch. (Because everyone knows monsters can't get past pillows).

Then after a zillion questions, the 1st being "Does Farley like to eat little girls?" (and being visibly relieved that I said Farley is a vegetarian), she realized having your own monster was cool. She wants a monster too, one who's purple with green polkadots,  thin and flips and cartwheels like her and likes to talk.  She wondered if it would be an issue that she talks a lot and her monster would too.  Cause, "Who would do the listening?" She decided that her monster needs to be her age to "understand her perspective".  (Her words, not mine).  She also decided that Aidan (her little brother) couldn't get his own monster yet cause "Two Aidan's is too much to handle".

She knows Farley is like me, quiet, so in true fashion, she has been sitting on my couch quiet as a mouse for 20 straight minutes. (She also removed the pillows so Farley could watch tv too). Not a flip or giggle to be heard or seen. I thought for sure she had fallen asleep so I go into the living room to check on her.  I say "Hey I thought you were falling asleep you are so quiet". 

She says (with the most seriously sincere face ever in life)  "I'm doing it for Farley". 

#NieceChronicles


No comments: