-I've had exactly one lazy day in the almost 2 weeks I've been off from work. That day is today. I will do nothing of substance except refresh my own mind.
-I woke up (late), showered, put on perfume (ocd) and then the most comfortable set of lounge clothes ever. (More on my outfit later)
-Quite possibly I've had the most fun of my life in the past two weeks. FAMILY has a lot to do with that.
-I'm celebrating National Rum Day. You've been warned.
-My sister trusted me with her first born, my niece for an entire week. Not sure if she had a tracking device on her, spies dressed as tourists following us around DC...etc but Gabby is still alive to tell the story.

-Gabby still believes in Farley. See my last blog post for the back story.
-I visited my Mom's house for the first time in a few years.
-I complained all summer about not having gone to the beach. Then had a family reunion at the beach. Jones Beach. On which there were probably 20 total people besides my gargantuan family on it the entire day. On a perfectly sunny mid 80's Saturday. (Those who know Jones Beach know how rare this is.)
-The guest room (den) I slept in while in NY was easily 20 degrees cooler than the entire rest of the house (for 5 other people) the entire time I was there. My Mom literally ran from my AC one night.
-My sister spent most of the day on the beach cleaning other people's messes. I spent most of the day tigging my toes into the sand. That sounds fair to me.
-My Mom served me instant coffee in a extra fancy teacup. The love and care in which she prepped this totally negated the fact that I hate INSTANT coffee. And anything less than 16 oz of coffee at a time is a no-go for me.-I met some family on my Dad's side of the family. I am awesomely in love with them already. I felt comfortable and accepted by them immediately. My heart is full.
-I answered the door just now to the mailman. With pum pun shorts and an ultra low cut tank top. Mailman says "WOW, this is my lucky day". I laughed, grabbed my package, then slammed the door shut. When I said I was doing NOthing today, I meant it. (Besides, he had a wedding ring on).
-I had a 4 hour long convo with one of my good friends yesterday. Amazing the amount of talking I can do in one span. I'll probably not talk on the phone again for another 6 months, but I'm ok with that.
-I created the most perfect playlist imaginable for my lazy day today. 8 of the 10 artists are probably rarely if ever played on popular radio. That makes me love them even more.
-Stacy Barthe, Frank Ocean, Lauryn Hill, J. Cole, Lianne LaHavas, Bridget Kelly, Kanye, Jhene Aiko, Elle Varner, Ari Lennox. Walk....no run to your computer and learn why me listing those names are the biggest gift I can give you this week.


No comments:
Post a Comment