What the Fuck Wednesdays....
Rough morning of Doc’s appts and things that make me nervous and sad and scared and all that. Doc appts aren’t ever routine for me, and I think I’ve seriously developed a PTSD type response to it. Can’t escape it though.
Then I come home and the minute I set foot in my apt I remember that I forgot to pick my prescription up at CVS. Lets hope there’s at least 2 puffs in that rescue inhaler left for the night cause I can’t even stomach getting back on the metro today.
I know why I don’t generally answer the phone. Usually people can keep they’re fuckery pleasant via text. Hard to convey sarcasm, and meanness over text and hell if you piss me off in the first text I don’t have to respond.
Do me a favor? Don’t call me to say you’ve been watching me on social networks and see I’m “not having a good day” then proceed to:
-pry and try to figure out what’s pissing me off today
-tell me my medical issues make YOU uncomfortable. Oh really? So hearing about the complete shambles my damn body is constantly in makes you “uncomfortable”? I see. I suppose the cancer, chemo, radiation, scars, ostepoenia, asthma, chronic radiation induced enteritis, surgical menopause….talk is much worse than actually experiencing the effects of all that on a daily basis.
-tell me that having to re-do my CT scan and blood work again cause the results came back questionable should be “routine” for me now. Oh I see, so I shouldn’t be concerned? I’m too busy consoling you about that road trip of yours that got canceled, yeah that’s more stressing for me. -__-
-Insinuating the “why aren’t you married yet” convo didn’t piss me off. I’m so used to it I don’t’ even think I even hear when folks start it. What does stop me in my track tho is when you say “You better hurry up and have those babies cause….oh I’m sorry I forgot. That’s not an issue for you”.
NOT AN ISSUE FOR ME. An issue. Those words as about as comforting as those folks who give me the “Oh, don’t worry, you can always adopt.”
Wow.

1 comment:
Wow...now I know why you were so upset. I would have just wanted to hole up somewhere and say "forget this."...but replace the word "forget" with something else.
Post a Comment