Every now and then I like to spend a day doing absolutely nothing that I don't want to do.
This is that day. Who cares if the laundry wasn't done, I didn't work out, I didn't leave the house, I haven't showered (yet), and have had 3 (ok 4) cups of coffee. I didn't wash the dishes after breakfast and haven't made my bed. I finished a drawing for an online art class, tweeted, tumbled, and even FB. I "drew something", had a fabulous breakfast, chatted with the fam. I contemplated a glass of wine as (not for) lunch but got distracted by the 3rd cup of coffee that called me. I knew this cause I filled the carafe to the brim this morning knowing I had no guest to share it with. I contemplated calling a "friend" to share, but I've left him in the past for good reason. Ehhh well, more coffee for me.
Left for the day: washing my hair, watching too much tv, starting to read a book, nap, more drawing, eat....daydream. Perhaps rinse and repeat.
The bucket list item is to do this one day per week. Doesn't always happen but man am I glad today IS that day. I'm going to take a shower now and put lounge clothes (sans bra HALLELUJAH) back on. Then I'm going to lay back on the couch and try to remember that this day is only 24 hours and laziness doesn't happen forever.
Oh and shoutout to the brotha that introduced me to Jeff Buckley. His music has been my backdrop to the day. I'm pretty sure I've been living under a rock since I've never heard of him before my buddy's tweets. And perhaps a post or two from Wordsworth on Tumblr. I may or may not have repeated one song several times. Loudly. I thought I may have heard my neighbor singing along, but maybe that's wishful thinking.
The rain totally agrees with my day. Everytime I think about putting on my walking shoes and hitting the streets the rain starts to fall again. Its ok Mother Nature, I've heard you. In I stay.
Ah Sunday March 25th, how I love thee.
Best thing is: The day is ONLY half over.....

No comments:
Post a Comment