Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Friday, April 22, 2011

50 Song Shuffle....Its a FunHouse

Every now and then I like to say I don't actually know what type of musical mood I'm in. I might wake up with a lil CBR on my mind but then someone tweets a song lyric from Heavy D and I've gotta temporarily leave my bed to get my 1990's dance on. Cause truly I got NOTHING but love for a lil' Heavy D.

Such is my life this day. Happy Good Friday to everyone, hopefully you're all chilling in bed like me. Or with me....special shoutout...but I digress...lmao.

So the Ipeezy is on full shuffle. We're on song 1 or 3,890 from the ipod. (There's way more in the itunes library, but my 30 gig Ipod won't let me carry my whole collection. (GIVE US FREE!!)

Every now and then I play this game with my TRUE music lover friends. What's the first 50 songs your ipod would play if it went on FULL shuffle?

1- I'm Old Fashioned- John Coltrane
2-Last Time Together- Chris Brown
3- You know I'm No Good- Amy Winehouse
4-Southern Stuff- Anthony Hamilton
5- Can't Get Enough- Kenny Lattimore
6- Not Afraid (Piano Cover) Eminem
7-They Can't Take that Away From Me- Billie Holiday
8- Chorus Belle- Beauty & The Beast Soundtrack
9-Better Love- Anthony Hamilton
10-Before You Walk Out of my Life- Monica
11- Bad- Michael Jackson
12- All for Love- Bilal
13- Ridin' High- Ella Fitzgerald
14- The Urban Theme- Maxwell
15- It Just Gets Sweeter- Fred Hammond
16- Someday- Ledisi
17- Crepescule with Nelle (Live)- Thelonius Monk Quartet
18- Hold You( Hold Yuh)- Gyptian
19- Untitled (How Does it Feel)- D'Angelo
20- Jazz (We've Got)- A Tribe Called Quest
21- Searching (Live) Erykah Badu
22- U Get on My Nerves- Jazmine Sullivan
23- Come Holy Spirit Medley- Israel & New Breed
24- Rimshot Live- Erykah Badu
25- How Could An Angel Break my Heart- Toni Braxton
26- Upside Down- Ledisi
27- Finale Ultimo- Soundtrack from Camelot
28- That Girl- Stevie Wonder
29- Lifted- John Legend (Solo Sessions)
30- the Moment #1- Kirk Franklin
31- 100% Dundee- The Roots
32- Oh Lord- Anthony Hamilton
33- Fire Fly- Yahzarah
34- Dancing in the Dark- Solange
35- I Am- Mary J Blige
36- Mack the Knife- Ella Fitzgerald
37-Even if my Heart- Kenny G
38- And I Am Telling You...- Jennifer Hudson
39-Donna- Singing Sweet
40- You Rock my World- Michael Jackson
41- Gone Too Soon- Michael Jackson
42- Daddy's Home- Jermaine Jackson
43- Goodbye my Love- Brian McKnight
44- Flemenco Sketches- Miles Davis
45- Your Steps are Ordered- Fred Hammond
46- The End Where I Begin- The Script
47- No One Else- Mary J Blige
48- Jump Up in the Air and Stay There- Erykah Badu
49- Don't You Remember- Adele
50- Around the Way Girl- LL Cool J

Not bad this time around....not that any of the music on my ipod is bad but sometimes I end up with a list heavy on my Disney Classsics and 80's hits which some folks aren't down with. Not that I care, moving on, lol. What I thought was interesting is that other than 4 or 5 songs it didn't play ONE song I've actually listened to in the past few months. I guess my ipod is trying to tell me that I've been playing favorites with some of my music and its time to give some new ones some shine....Its ok I can dig it. Sometimes I go on an itunes music spending spree (Lord be a fence for my meager wallet) and I'll add songs that don't end up being re-played until moments like this. Its allllll good music though. Minus honestly 3 or 4 cd's currently taking up precious space on my ipod.

So if you're feeling loosey goosey, tag yourself and tell me what your first 50 (or 10 or 20 or whatever you're not too lazy to type) FULL shuffle songs are. Don't cheat, the only thing you can skip are interludes and intro's....

In the meantime after I listed my songs of the day, I reshuffled. After all, I already knew what the first 50 were going to be and what's the fun in that? First song up was "Take the A Train" Duke Ellington....thought my ipod was just in a mellow mood (peep #1 from the list above), but then up came FunHouse by Pink.

I agree Fun House indeed....

No comments: