Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(Too much) Time on my Hands, so I'm bugg'n.....but I love it!

If you have to, blame this blog on the Tribe Called Quest, Fugees playlist that's been entertaining me and letting me reminisce (over you, my God) all day long from the comforts of my bed.

Ok I'll admit it. I'm joining the generation of folks that can't keep up with the ever changing slang. Don't call me old, 30s are the new 20's..... I just can't seem to keep up with the twists and turns that are the new slang. Add to that the fact that I'm a NY transplant now living in the DMV and that's just a recipe for confusion. (I swear I still can't figure out why DMVers pronounce "th" as a "v". Or why they say "joning" instead of "dissing".) Then again, I still don't really know what mambo/mumbo sauce is....so I'm batting 0.

Twitter keeps me hip. That is when I can decipher what folks are trying to say. I love Twitter for many reasons. One of them being the opportunity to follow random folks who tweet stuff that make me say "hmmmmm" or have me lmao on the regular. The main issues is those folks who sling slang I can't get down with.

"Real talk" What the heck is that....why not just say "Word is bond". Call me a "hater" I'd rather say you're "triflin". You say I'm "blingin" I'd rather believe I'm "stylin".

I'm trying to start a movement. You damn skippy, I'm getting it started. Lets bring back the slang of my day....I get laughed at all the time but who am I to care? "I'm fresh to death." "I'm all that AND a bag of chips." I can even go valley girl on ya and I dare you to laugh "As if!" What's the dillyo, you down with OPP? (ok ok, I took it too far...)

So you get the point.....

By the way, if you're still reading then you must work for the school system and have just as much time on your hands as I do right now....ain't winter break the bomb?

Tune in next time when I share my future plans and I have enough time to it Snoop Doggy Dog style: Social worker turned MC..... for rizzle my bloggizle

2 comments:

illogikyle said...

Ok, so I was with you until "what's the dilyo." LOL. Haha. But "on the real" this post is "dope." Word.
Aight Peace.

QueenBee said...

You were fly with the OPP. You were gettin down with the get down or were you trippin wit my posse. Whew, we use to speak it and now these days, they done flip the script....and me too, been off almost two weeks and about to lose my mind up in here, up in here.