Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Gotta Make Plans: Does this Tiara Fit Right?

From my FB/Twitter status:

"I think I can wave gracefully from a chariot. With legs crossed demurely. I'm giving up on social work, where can I sign up to be a Princess?"

Seriously though some days (read- most days) I would gladly trade this life for another. Really, adult life is NOT the fun I thought it would be. What with the bills, responsibility and routine, I have no time for hop-skotch and double dutch anymore.

I guess if I really had to make that transition from life of a commoner to life of a Princess I'd have to give up some things:

-The locs. I've never seen a Princess with locs. I've had mine since '06 and save for the few times I've gotten it caught in a door, my sweater, my food, etc....guess I wouldn't miss them too much.

-The Uggs. That is a matter of debate, seeing as Mother Nature has decided to make 36 degrees the norm ALREADY this winter, I'm thinking long gowns with uggs peeking out from under it can be quite fashionable.

-The bills. HAHAHAHAHA....good riddance

-The summer days of newspapers and crabs. Can I lean over a crab and crack it in half without my crown sliding off? I think I can. Crabs in the castle!

-Some of the friends. Some of you don't mesh well in a castle setting. The hood, yes. The islands, ok. But the castle, well we'll have to work on you.

-The freedom to dance unnoticed to my favorite jam in a public setting. Grocery stores and malls play the best music. I'd miss doing the Dougie while picking out mangoes without people bowing and blowing my cover.

-The clumsiness. Flinging M&M's across my dining room floor cause I tripped & lost my grip on the snack bag is much less quiet than the wide walls of the east wing of a castle. That echo would be a b#*$ch. I guess if I got caught behind that refrigerator again, my ladies-in-waiting would be waiting to slide me back out.

Can I do without all this? Sure I can. I wouldn't necessarily have to though, I'm the Princess. What I say goes. Add some extra matching Ugg bling to my tiara, tucking my corset stocking thingie in my Uggs and I'm making a new fashion trend for sure! I can sneak my friends in (even the unruly ones). Hide my locs in a snazzy top hat. Make dancing the requirement for greeting each other in public and we can all do the Dougie (with a Princess bow) together. (Wouldn't greetings be so much more fun with a dance step added to the cursory "Good Morning") Have the Butler make the crab sauce blend in the kitchen and sneak it out to the garden. Eat the crabs in the south lawn while the wind flows north. I've got this all figured out.

Side Note: My BFF just @replied me to say Prince Zumunda is looking for a wife. He goes by the twitter handle @SoulGlo. I believed it for exactly 3 minutes before I realized she was pulling my leg! You know who'll be emptying the chamber pots right? LMAO....

No comments: