Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Very Special Friend

Ok so I have to say this to begin: I have NOT fallen off my treadmill.

Now I can move on.

This thing is fantastic. So fantastic I gotta give you reasons why:

-Its all mine. I don't have to share. #selfishpoint

-It sits right on the (lonely) side of my bed. And beckons to me. Quite often. Loves a machine that demands attention. (I could go in an entire different direction but....I won't).

-It doesn't talk back or talk bad about me. Its just happy to be whirring along so matter what I do.

-I can workout any time of day. Routine schedule be damned. A night of insomnia is gonna benefit me from now on.

-It currently blocks 25% of my tv when laying flat on my bed. In order to watch The Good Wife I had to get up & exercise so I could see ALL of Michael Ealy.

- It gives you so many different levels of working out. I can pimp walk at 1.3. Cruise at 2.0. Jog at 3.6 Sprint at 5.7. (I don't even wanna know what 8.0 does.....) Right now 2.9 mph seems to be a good stride for me.
- It has that handy stop button. So let's say you do your 30 minutes & decide you wanna push yourself by playing with some of the presets (without first investigating). You soon realize that 3.3 mph isn't so bad. But 1 minute later when it beeps and casually JUMPS to 5.3 mph you scream, sprint and.....hit the stop button 3 seconds later.

-It has all these options that make it exciting to play with everyday. Side note: being warned about the speed of the presets in a manual would be nice though.

-Handlebars. Key when experimenting. (Or when realizing just how out of shape you really are and need some, ummm, assistance).

It makes me look as serious as I feel about getting fit.

-It has a trusty slot for my ipod. I can sing (or wheeze) and workout at the same time.

-All I have to do is turn it on. At 5:45am that's VERY important.

I wish I could remember how to write a haiku. Cause I would do one for my very special new friend.



-Sophia
Peace, love, vegetables and lots of glitter!!

No comments: