"But those don't match my mini-skirt".
I meant that with a passion. And had no problems saying it to my Doc. My latest drama (in a long string of seemingly never-ending medical issues) is a calf injury. From walking. Yup you read right, walking. I'd like to say it was the 3rd leg of a triathalon, perhaps a treacherous hike up Mount Fuji, but then I'd be lying. I was power walking (does it still sound bad?).
What usually is moderate calf pain after exercising is now a chronic injury to my calf. Something about tendonitis, something venous something or another. Whatever.....wasn't really listening. All I heard was compression socks....COMPRESSION SOCKS!!
I'm too young for grandma socks. Those things remind me too much of fluffy knee highs and anytime I think of knee highs I think of my Mommy. My Mommy who used to hang 7 pairs of knee highs in the bathtub after washing them each week. I spent the better part of my first 17 years staring at those things. Nothing about them screamed sexy.
Grandma socks are cool for seniors.....or the ultra hip athletic folk who workout for a living (or for madness). I can't claim either, too young for the former, too fluffy for the latter. Side note: I'm not quite sure how I feel about calling myself fluffy. Moving on.....They come in bland colors, white, black, navy, flesh colored. No stripes, no flowers, no leapord print. Thankfully we're moving into colder weather so I don't have to worry too much right now about hiding them under my favorite, not quite to the knee, jean skirt. I could wear long skirts, high boots all winter and no one would be the wiser.
I've got one big problem though.....Orthopedic socks don't match up with my sexy swagger preservation. I had plans to become a wanton seductress in 2011, wooing men that catch my eye with a smile, slight of hand and a flick of my ultra long locs. I certainly can't bring em home and hope to keep that romantic mood going by peeling off tan grandma socks in the boudoire. Talk about a mood killer.
Damn grandma socks.....my sexy swagger is under attack.

No comments:
Post a Comment