Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A New Challenge

I want to run a marathon. Nope don't know when and don't know where. I dare not name one cause then my faithful 4 blog readers will put a time limit on me, and seeing the state of my running prowess right now, I'd rather leave the time limit open.

I like challenges. About 3 years ago I decided to become skinny. And a year into it I was there, skinnier than I had ever imagined. Wore clothes that were junior sized....that was fun. And could walk 7 miles for fun and did that often. Maybe I should have challenged myself to hang on to that level of fitness....lol

Cause fast forward 3 years later and I'm woefully out of shape. Not nearly as out of shape as before, but weight creeps on me sneakily. All I have to do is NOT have that exact balance of healthy eating and constant working out and I balloon quickly. Not needing to dwell on that much (and won't curse those folks who are naturally thin and don't eat nearly as healthily as I do).

But now the challenge is a bit different. I know I can walk miles....for hours. I cant do it easily anymore due to that out of shape explanation....but I know I can get back there. Now I want a new challenge to go along with it....RUNNING.

No major reason for my latest challenge, other than I want to do it and so I shall. And yes losing weight & STAYING in shape is the challenge that will go along with it. So in essence two new challenges.

Are you with me? Make sure you ask me how I'm doing....and yes be prepared for all the "I fell while running" blog entries sure to follow over the next few months. (To note, I've finished 3 days of running so far with not a scrape on me! YAY ME!!)BTW, anyone have a good ipod touch Couch to 5K program I should use? There's so many on the app store its hard to know what's really good.

To be continued when I REALLY feel like blogging, lol.

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

And I'm sure there's an app for that.