Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Football Chica

Ok so I'll admit it, I'm becoming a football fan. I don't know how or when it happened but for some reason watching football has become my thing. Now its not as easy as basketball so you'll forgive me if I don't know what a blitz is, (but I do know when someone fumbles). Its pretty cool and has earned me some points in office chatter. I even do a little trash talking....imagine my gall. Although I must admit, I'm pretty lost when they start getting really detailed, I start nodding and smiling and yelling "yay GMEN!" LOL I hope it fits.

And yes, I bleed blue. What other team could I follow? Not any other than those sexy -ahem talented men wearing the NY symbol on their chest. Football isn't one of those things I can learn piece by piece. I just had to jump right in. No father to teach me the ways of the pigskin growing up, no brothers to do so either. So here I am a grown woman and figured I'd pick a team and start following. Would have been easy to pick the home team of where I live now.....but I'd rather not. I mean really, have you SEEN Redskins game lately? I swear I may not know everything that's going on during the game, but I sure know that bouncing the ball off your helmet instead of catching it, letting yourself get sacked a few times, and the head coach looking like he's playing Sudoku cause he's not allowed to call plays during the game sure means something aint right in the milk with that team.

I'm even in a Fantasy Football league. You all know I'm a nerd so I've been reading up and even added ESPN and a couple other sports blogs to my Google Reader. And my record is 4-2 so not to shabby for the kid. Planning that stuff is like studying for a midterm exam, I get all sweaty worrying about which RB or WR to play. (Although I have to admit I still don't KNOW what the heck Defense Special Teams mean. What's so special about them?)

I've decided to pick up some books cause shoot try as I might learning by watching the game isn't helping much. Maybe its the tight pants, and the glistening biceps but man I just can't do it. I lose focus.

I'll wow you with my football trivia after I've read them.

1 comment:

Ms. Blackman said...

I don't know why you didn't get one of the guys at W&M to explain the game to you...you know that's what Terry did for me when I came down to visit once...anyway I'll still show you love for supporting a NY team and not converting (even though you should be a Jets fan like me)