Somehow its been almost a month since I've blogged?? How on earth did that happen?? I've been bad, lo siento (I'm sorry for the non Spanish speakers).
I can't even say there's a good reason, except that I'm absent minded. No really I am. And a lot clumsy too. You don't believe me? I'm the lady who danced butt naked to Dee-lite the other morning (cause groove is truly in the heart!) and accidentally sprayed myself in the eyes with body spray (body spray is not a safe microphone) and screamed, spun, lost my balance and landed on the floor with my room divider....at 6am. Sure the neighbor underneath me loved that one I'm sure. So see....I am clumsy and absent minded....you forgive me don't you?
So lets recap....minus the naked dancing/falling fiasco life has been less funny. A few cooties caught me up in a whirlwind of antibiotics and pain killers for almost 6 weeks. Infected impacted wisdom teeth, to pulled wisdom teeth to some flu/cold like cootie that knocked me out of commission for almost a week, then follow that with a nasty sinus infection and round it out with an unexpected UTI. (And no, there was no wild passionate lovemaking that led to this UTI so that wasn't even fair) Complete that with an unexpected nasty IC flair that landed me in the ER and that about sums up my month. Needless to say the last time I had all this medical drama it ended with a nasty dual diagnosis of cancer so PRAISE GOD that pattern has been broken. (Insert praise break right here) Cause serious as a heart attack, if cancer returns I'm gonna be "that bitch from hell", and I MEAN THAT WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING!! I've had enough of cancer, the long term effects piss me off enough....its time for me to enjoy life (find love, find happiness, lose worry, get rich, get some....lol just kidding--I think) and have some other normal people drama...
Yup teal month was cool. I fought like a girl all month, painted my toes teal and told my story about a zillion times, but hopefully that helped some woman out there learn to advocate for their bodies.....if you missed my story email me, call me, text me, heck even bbm me and I'll be happy to share. I will NOT allow one more woman have anything even close to what I've been through if I can help it.
Now the NFL players are rocking pink for the month and I'm ticked...well...pink. Something ultra sexy about those men in pink. Rocking pink for a great cause is enough to win major kudos in my book. Oh yeah, didn't I tell you? I'm a huge football fan now. Play fantasy football and everything. GO GMEN!! Becoming a well rounded girly girl...my friends are so proud.
Hit the Chrisette Michele, Common, Maxwell concert the other week. Fabulous concert...quick recap. Chrisette Michele is that bizness and I'm DYING to see her headline her own show. Chick has talent like no other...and I wanna see her do a show all her own in a nice small venue where her voice bounces off all 4 walls. I'm a proud CM fan, she is one of the FEW new artists that will always have my heart cause she is pure TALENT!! (Adele would be the other, and suffice to say I've been rocking her "Live from Soho" CD all morning, no lie its on its 6th rotation in a row). Really and truly, say anything negative about CM, Adele, Eva Cassidy and Anthony Hamilton and I will go upside your head with my Wonder Woman bangles.
Now Common.....what can I say? My oh my, he was PURE ABSOLUTE FIRE!! Not even saying anything else about that. Maxwell, well ummmmm love him cause I think his voice is amazing but I was a little deterred by all the gyrating sliding across floors etc....took away from his music if you ask me. I can still appreciate him though...
Very excited about the upcoming "Kaleisdescope" show at the Verizon Center. Ice Skating show to support all things cancer. Free tickets (email me for the info) and the show broadcasts Thanksgiving Day! So yup I'll be in all my teal glory for that one. Imma let all the old skool iceskating celebs wow me and my gals. Kerrigan, Hamil, etc....gonna be cool. If you're in town Nov 16, head on over to the Verizon Center and make sure you have on your teal!
Holidays are coming soon and I've got a few plans...whoohoo looking forward to relaxation and some good times with family and friends. Still wishing for my ultimate concert, the CM, Adele, Anthony Hamilton show....suffice to say I would be in HEAVEN.... why don't promoters listen to the people before they play a show? Instead I'll rig my playlist and have a concert all my own as Saturday gets into full swing.
I think that about sums it up. I'll try my best not to take such a long hiatus again. Pending no more cootie attacks though....cootie shots are on the way! My bbSophie died on me so I'm christening a new bb, name to decided soon. So if you're a bbm fan feel free to email me and we can swap pins. I dare not post my pin here....there's some locos out there. But if you're certified sane I'd love to chat! And if you need a silly Sophie fix before then, catch me on Facebook (I'm always providing musical updates of my life). For non-censored Sophie, twitter is my tablet @nubiancooki me and please don't say I didn't warn ya....
If I cant' have you the way I want you, I don't want you at all.....Adele sangs it so well!

No comments:
Post a Comment