Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hanging up, no, rather never picking up, the Boxing Gloves...

Ok I'm home by 10pm on a Saturday night. Hanging out just isn't what it used to be, so I have become quite comfortable with nights in. Enjoy the moment then cut it short, has been my theme of late. Whatever happened to the glory days of SAFELY spending long nights out hanging with friends? For some reason the younger generation would much rather make the highlight of the evening a shootout or random fight over some insignificant problem. What is that about really? For those of us blending with that crowd in a venue, its either put your dukkes up, or leave before the margaritas (or Patron for the hip crowd) really start to take effect. It doesn't reallly matter the event, concert, late dinner, movies, live music....it all ends up shady and last time I checked, Princess Sophie wouldn't bode well in a fight.

I guess I shouldn't complain. Long gone are those days where I could hang out til the wee hours of the morning, come home, shower then go off to work. Productivity would be nil to none at that point. So instead I'll take a early rain check and come home to relax.

Side bar, someone found my blog and added me to his blog roll of cancer survivors. I don't mind at all and took a peek, expecting to see me and maybe one other Ovarian cancer blog. Don't know why I'm surprised but he had a list of at least 20! 7 years in and I still think there are just a few of us out there. I'm curious but wondering if reading those blogs will make me feel better or worse...better cause I guess there is strength and support in numbers. Worse cause I fear more and more women are being hit with this dreaded disease...

So anyway, now I'm in my comfy clothes (those "cute" jeans got me some eye candy convo, but were killing me!) so I'll embark on my favorite past time of late, blog reading then its off to bed to rest up for all the errands/chores I should have done today....Farmers Market, Laundry folding, paperwork....hmmm not looking forward to Sunday at all.

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

Can you pick me up something from the farmers market..cantaloupes, blackberries...you know the good stuff.