Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'll Take It.....

Yes I do realize its only 10 days into the New Year so its hard to make a judgement call, but its my blog and I'll do what I wanna (Its my party and I'll cry if I want to......c'mon you know that song popped into your head too!)

Its been quiet.....relaxing....hilariously funny (remind me to tell you about my Prom dress shopping experience of 08 another time)...and satifying thus far this year. No I haven't won a free trip (other than the one to Hawaii from last year), not gotten someone to buy me a new Blackberry (yes I know I JUST got a bb, but there's a new one coming out next month), met the man of my dreams yet...but I've been calm and peaceful thus far and you know what? I'll take it.

-Randomly went to have sushi in Old Town Alexandria at one of my favorite sushi spots this week.....didn't plan it but I'LL TAKE IT.
-Having a quiet Saturday listening to some gospel jazz that's really got me tapping my toes and spiritually filled. All because its supposed to be nasty weather outside today and I hurt my hip so gotta lay low.....I'LL TAKE IT.
-Work has been ok. Still annoying to deal with adults but the kids have been loving me (missed them over the break) and giving me more hugs that I could ever ask for. I appreciate the attention and I'LL TAKE IT.
-Hair actually crimped! (after braiding the locs for 2 weeks!) I'LL TAKE IT
-Brought in the New Years, quiet, and on my couch peaceful as heck. I believe that how you bring in your New Year is the way the year will go, so I'LL TAKE IT.
-For once in my life I splurged on some glasses (thanks to leftover Flex America money) and got top of the line transition/UV protection, scratch proof, thin lens, yadda yadda yadda.... specs. Did I mention they're red? I'LL TAKE IT
-been eating healthy and exercising like I did in 07, and learning to self evaluate my meals without having to log every single thing into Spark People....and lost 3 pounds so far. Well on my way to my goal of -15....I'LL TAKE IT.
-Added 2 Anthony Hamilton CD's to my itunes collection, and India Arie is coming out soon.....my neo soul playlist on itunes is smoking.....I'LL TAKE IT.
-Had a refreshing, inspiring convo with one of my closest friends who (get this) is in a HAPPY MARRIAGE, and gave me new inspiration for my most precious dreams for the future (so yeah bitterly, angry married people need to stay away from giving single folks advice)......I'LL TAKE IT.
-laugh my head off daily at my niece and my cousin's rendition of Single Ladies (with my Puffalump watching intently) posted to my Facebook page everyday....I'LL TAKE IT.
-Speaking of Single Ladies, STILL laughing at the Gospel rendition of Single Ladies on YouTube....I'LL TAKE IT
-Finally got my own copy of the Zumba workout DVD so I can impress my friends and myself with not only my new body but my sexy Latino dance moves in just a few short weeks...I'LL TAKE IT
-Inspired by my favorite Pastor, Bishop Noel Jones who inspired me to believe "its my time to shine in 09" (even proudly typing the cliched motto into this blog) I'LL TAKE IT.
-the year has just begun, so no regrets, no do-overs to log, and no sad moments thus far. I'm full of hope, and joy for what may come this year. All you need is a drop of hope and a determination to do me in WHATEVER form that may be, and to heck with what my haters (friends, family or not) think.....life is just too darn short! So if you're not with me (and you know who you are) then fade off into the moonlight, don't call my phone, and sure as heck don't text me! If you're with me, and we can laugh and inspire each other this year, then.....I'LL TAKE IT!

No comments: