Its amazing to me how easy it is for people to try to use me for what they want. Now before you start assuming stuff, I'm not here to complain. One thing I realize from my wise years of life, is that its my fault. Apparently I've set it up that way, and its taken me a looooonnnnggg time to realize its me.
I'm not going to go through any long dragged out stories of how I became the "can't say no" kinda chick. All I can say is I have learned that the folks that want to use you the most are the ones who won't be around when you need them. (Unless of course it benefits them in some way to help you!) In fact if I felt like typing I could list many times where I've actually had that happen to me, and you know what, lots of things in life isn't fair, and I have no control over them. But its up to me to live life, and the things I have control over, I need to learn to take the reigns and create happiness for myself.
I've started saying no. Lots of no's over the past few months and its surprisingly, liberating. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to change myself completely. I recognize that God made me the type of person who likes to help people. I do like helping, going out on a limb, doing things that make people smile or feel better. The challenge in that is not doing it so much that it takes away from my happiness, comfort, finanacial stability, morals, etc.
Its amazing how it shocks people when I say no. Folks are so used to me saying yes that often they ask, or do and start walking away and then have to turn back in shock when the answer isn't what they expected. Kinda funny if you ask me to see them do the ballet dance spin they do....entertaining to say the least.
So, just a fair warning to all those who were getting ready to call, text, email, or walk up to me with some foolishness. Or if you're reading this and know some of the folks who like to come up to me and ask me to (insert selfish need here) tap them on the shoulder and give them this link. They know who they are.....
PS No I have not been under a rock, yes I do realize I live in the city where President Obama was just inaugurated and YES I'm happy as heck! But I'm sure you've read countless blogs who've echoed exactly what I would have said, so just read a few of those and you'll know how I'm feeling........But just so the comradarie exists among my fellow bloggers....YES WE CAN AND YES WE DID!! WI NOU KAPAB!!

1 comment:
Here Here!! Life is short, we should never stop helping other's...but we must never lose ourselves in the process...Do you girl!! And enjoy it!!
xoxo
Post a Comment