Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

On my Anniversary

On my Anniversary......
I'd love to say this is the Anniversary of 6 years of marital bliss. Or maybe 6 years of having my own home. Instead its 6 years since my cancer diagnosis. 5 years was the big marker for Ovarian Cancer, I'm supposedly now "cured". Why doesn't my heart feel cured though?

I don't feel much for a long journal entry tonight. Instead I'll just post some old poems from my old website. Things written during my treatment. Hope you enjoy.

Bald

Have you ever been....

BALD?

Utterly completely and absolutely bald

No hair on my head to comb

No eyebrows. No,not even a line.


And the eyelashes, gone too.

So everything got in my eyes.

No nose hairs, Hello boogers and everything else.

Who knew nose hairs were so important?


Ok, so some of it was good

No armpits and legs to wax

And finally baby soft skin

And no nicks from the razor


But I missed my hair

The shampoo, the combs,

The razors, the plucking,

The protection......


No questions


No stares


Just hair

Written by Sophia Carre

Copywright 2002


Some Days I Feel So Free.....

Some days I feel so free

I feel as if God has lifted me to a new place

I fought the demons and won

I have a new testimony to tell


Out of the sickness came discovery

Out of the treatment came knowledge

Out of the healing came hope


Some days I feel so free

I feel that my strength has been tested and uplifted

I have the scars to show the fight

I have the life to prove I won


Out of the patience came endurance

Out of the test of time came faith

Out of the pain came His love


Some days I feel so free........

Written by Sophia Carre

Copywright 2002

No comments: