Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Water, Lemon Juice and a Wine Glass

So I'm thinking Mother Nature has a cruel sense of humor. Just got back from taking out the trash (been sick in bed for the week) and realized I've been missing GORGEOUS weather. Needless to say I made that walk to the trash can as slow as possible and made more small talk with the Postal Carrier than she probably really needed. (Don't blame me, I haven't seen another human since Monday morning!).

Anywho, I don't really have a major reason for this post other than 1-I'm dehydrated and laying on the couch. Yeah, the walk to the trash was a kicker, 2- I'm bored 3- I wanna share.

Heavy D's passing is another reminder that things in my life that brought me such pleasure either won't last forever, or if I don't take advantage of it I'll be gone before I ever get to use it. I've had my own dances with mortality at a young age. Its definitely molded me to be quite the different Sophie than folks expected.

Sometimes it's the little things that make life so much better.

So I:

-feed my vices.... pretty responsibly. Seriously, walking into Sephora (even to window shop) is like winning that Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.
-travel when I can....ohhhhhhhhhhh how I miss that Oahu breeze right now.
-actively work on my bucket list.
-use REAL glasses and plate wear most days for me. No discolored oversized 7-11 cups for me.
-drink anything I'd like in a wine glass regularly. Who said Deer Park water with a squeeze of lemon isn't fancy enough for a wine glass?
- trip and fall with flair and style and NEVER am I embarrassed.
-learn to keep the people that are in my life only to take from me at a long arm's distance.
-get up on Saturday mornings wash my face, brush my teeth grab coffee and put on my lipgloss and head right back to bed. Lip gloss (and even a mean lipstick & gloss combo makes everyday absolutely right)
-rinse and repeat on Sundays too.
-have a steamy love affair with plantains and mangoes that I refuse to give up for anyone.
-cook grand exotic meals for myself and friends on the regular.
-am learning NOT to feel guilty about not being at work when I'm sick.
-am learning to say NO.
-Find pleasure in what makes me happy without worrying about what other folks are gonna say.
-avoid judgmental folks like the plague.
-put up a REAL Christmas tree all for little old me every year.
-paint my nails in funky colors regularly.
-perhaps give in to my makeup, perfume, purse vices a little too easily.
-hug my friends more than necessary.
-share more of my life with the internet world than I probably should. I'm a therapist. Folks don't often listen to me, I listen to them. YOU PEOPLE DO LISTEN.
-look at the photos I've taken over the years regularly.
-ignore that list of foods to avoid the Cancer Institute posted for this illness I'm struggling with. Seriously who tells a Haitian-American semi vegetarian that raw fruits, vegetables, spicy foods, nuts, seeds etc should NOT be eaten.
-keep scented candles lit.
-dance like nobody's watching, even when they're...watching.
-live and breathe music everyday ALL day.

I could go on and on but....that's enough for you to know for now. Feel free to share your own, I can't be the only one wearing lip gloss in bed! :-)

What say you?

No comments: