I think whatever may be virtually impossible to do when it comes to taking a spill, I'll find a way to do it.
Case in point, Mondays are always blah for me. Today was no different. Came home exercised and took a warm shower. Lotioned up while turning on Pandora....hmmm Pandora must know it was a blah day, cause my Old Skool station plays old Skool Janet....(For those who don't know, I CANNOT resist dancing to old skool Janet). Word of advice.....hard wood floors and perfectly lotioned feet (while dancing) is not a good combo. Add a room divider and my addiction to cheesy dance moves, including a spin and we've got a recipe for death of the lotion bottle.
I don't have the balance to do spin moves while dancing. I know this. Does it stop me? No....Should it? Yes. Again, did it? No. It was the "Pleasure Principle" for God's sake!
You know what happened.....I used the room divider as a diving board as I careened out of control shucking and jiving in my b-day suit to the Pleasure Principle....I screamed too. Loudly. Why do I scream so loud when I fall? Its not like I'm shocked, I fall/trip/slide quite often. Nevertheless I screamed bloody murder.... I'm pretty sure I heard my neighbor say "Damn girl!" while laughing....
Nothing's broken (just in case you were wondering in between laughs). My elbow is sore though...and of course after I picked myself up, put the room divider back together and looked around....there it was, my poor lotion bottle. Smashed AND cracked. Poor little thing didn't stand a chance.
I should be more responsible. Really I should. I've promised a friend that there will be no more naked dancing (by myself at least). I should be modest if I am a wild child when it comes to dancing. The ER folks don't deserve what they might see if and when I finally break a bone or something (knocks on every piece of wood in here).
Anyway, I feel bad for the lotion...it didn't have to end that way.
Hey, at least I didn't try to jump off a chair (this time).
RIP LLB!
Edited to Say: I have a confession....this is the 2nd time I've fallen like that...ok now I've purged and can move on. No judgment folks! LOL

1 comment:
All I have to say is this is payback for every fall I had in high school! Now it's your turn! LOL
Post a Comment