Ok something caught my attention today on my 50 billionth check of Facebook status updates. Before you say anything we had a semi snow day so the 2nd half of my day was on my couch sleeping/Facebooking/wondering how anyone can stand daytime tv on a regular basis. Anywho....a friend had put up as her status update that she was "back from Facebook rehab". This coupled with the fact that my sister has given up Facebook for lent, makes me realize this Facebook thing is crazier than I thought.
Yes I check Facebook pretty often. Having my Sophieberry makes checking Facebook on the regular pretty easy. I can play both sides though, a day out on the town, or on travel I can forget it all together. So I refuse to consider myself a Facebook addict. But I do know those who I swear names are always listed as online on there. Middle of the day or night, week day or weekend, if I happen to sign on they're there. What ARE they doing? (Nevermind asking me why I may be signing onto Facebook in the middle of the night....I'm single right now so I have a right for mindless activity at 2am)
Don't get me wrong, Facebook is fun and when you get a new friend request, checking out photo albums etc can be nosily time consuming. And my thing to do is updating my status with song lyrics. I try to be obscure but folks are quick to comment on my status updates to put something easier. I think now some of my buddies sign on just to see what song I'm quoting for the day. Other than that, I'm not sure that there had been much to do on there. Until the latest craze....tagging.
I've been tagged to answer something, create lists, no less than 10 times in the past month or so. One of those activities created a whole SWF type crazy stalker foolishness at work.....as if my piddly little answers should have created such a stir. There's something about them I just can't resist though....its a chance to share with the world (or in this case with my friend list) a little bit of me, and I just can't resist it. Truth be told I get a little sad when I see a new tagging activity going around that I haven't yet been tagged on....yeah that's hilariously sad I know.
So maybe I'll consider myself tag-addicted. Don't know if I should feel bad about that or not, no one can ever say I'm too private of a person, cause I'll answer almost anything about myself. Honestly though haven't gotten an activity (yet) that's been too personal. Or maybe blogging has made me more open than I thought.
Ok so I'm off....to check the latest activity (that yes I've not been tagged on yet) tagging your friends on a picture going around of the....what are those characters from the 80's with different adjective type names? The ones like Little Miss Sunshine, or Ms. Towel??....yeah that one. Hope my buddies have a sense of humor!

No comments:
Post a Comment