Earthquake in Haiti. You can help.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Just realized I'm doing two journey's right now that aren't one of those overnight, look at me kinda things. They're one of those check back in with me in another year or two and the journey might be done, or maybe not.

First, I'm in my 6th month of locin my hair. To all my hatin friends, lol, yes my hair can lock. I'm still in that not locked yet stage, kinda matted, some parts twisted, etc, but I'm loving it all the way. Its finally not completely falling apart on me every time I wash it. And to those spewing misinformation, yes you can wash your hair as often as you'd like while you're locking. I wash once a week, any longer and I'm scratching and my hair's looking and feeling ultra dry. Its still pretty frizzy most days, but manageable. I'm trying to work up the nerve to rock in after a wash without retwisting of any kind. That's my goal for next week, wash and wear. LOL if I'm brave enough I'll put up a pic or two.

2nd thing I'm doing is loosing weight. So that ultra fat face pic you see on my profile page is me 26 pounds heavier than today. How much do I weigh now, you ask? 26 pounds lighter!! LOL you must think I'm cookoo to put my weight up on MySpace, or any other blogspot for that matter. I'm doing Weight Watchers and its been fine. Kinda wish I could lose the weight and add it to my booty, but I digress.

Its hard to tell if I'm looking different yet, since I see me every day. Lots of folks tell me I'm looking different though so that's a good thing. And to think, all these years I thought I was too cute to work out, LOL. But anywho, 27 pounds down, 34 pounds to go. I can do it. I haven't taken any pics of myself since the first week, but 3 more pounds and I'll put some pics up to show some differences. Pray for me I'm determined to do this. I'm doing it the right way too, no weight loss pills, low carb, cabbage addiction, starving myself, etc., just portion control and exercise. Slow and steady wins the race, its something I learned in Pre-K and who wouldve thunk it to know I'd be using it today.....

No comments: